No message line while driving

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rf2nidi, Feb 1, 2017.

1. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Hello,
    since a few days i have a problem with the message line while driving. Normally, when adjusting the brake bias, i got a respone in the message line on the left bottom area. It says 55:45 for instance. But since yesterday the message line doesn't appear at all while driving. In contrast the brake bias adjust does still work. I can feel that.
    Is there a switch to enable the message line again?
    Can anybody help me, please?

Regards, nidi

2. JackFeelsNerves

JackFeelsNerves Registered

Is it only messages about brake bias which are no longer showing, or do you see no messages at all?
    Have you switched off the MESSAGE CENTER, perhaps?
    [​IMG]
    (second item on the right)

3. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Hi Jack, the message center was switched off. Althoug i use rf2 since 4 years, i didn't know this switch. I never touched it. On Sunday afternoon a courous thing happened: All my Defaults ( eg. Controller settings, Display, showroom ..) disappeared while i left my computer in idle. I took me a lot of time to repair these manually. My personal controller.json was deleted. I had to restore it from an older backup! I am sure, the message center switch was also toggled.
    So, thank you very much for your fast and adequate answer!

4. JackFeelsNerves

JackFeelsNerves Registered

You are welcome, and thank you for the detailed report. Well done for having a backup!