G25 Double upshifts with paddles

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Caretaker, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker Registered

So when i upshift it sometimes changes up 2 gears. Happens like once in 5 minutes of driving. I've tried opening it up and cleaning it but that didn't help. Also the "Repeat Shifts" setting in player.JSON doesn't help. It only adds the delay between the 2 upshifts, still ruining my lap. Is there any other settings that i'm not aware of?

Open to any suggestions, thx.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Strange that "repeat shifts" don´t work for you. Did you try higher values?
    No other tweak in this regard available.

3. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Its the electrics in the wheel, happened eventually on my old g25 after many years of good service.. swapped for a friends 25 and it went away. I upgraded my wheel and no problems since..

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I had occasional double shifts on a brand new G27, I think I needed the 2nd setting on repeat shifts to stop it. The first one mostly helped but occasionally it still got through. If the highest value doesn't help you've either got serious hardware issues or something somewhere is playing with things.

5. Caretaker

Caretaker Registered

Just tried 3rd and 4th, the 4th one actually seems to stop it. On 3 it still sometimes bugs but less often. Problem is i can't use 3 or 4 because they wont let me downshift fast enough, 2 is fine regarding downshifts but bugs too much with the upshifts :(

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Might be related or not, I had a similar issue with my Frex shifter. Previously the option #5 worked for me, then a couple of builds ago it didnt work any more for some reason, so now I set it to #4 / 250ms delay, and that works. Not sure why but using '5' doesnt have any effect for me anymore

So I have:

"Repeat Shifts":4,
    "Repeat Shifts#":"0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed",