rFactor 2 does not override G27 profiler rotation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Yoeri Gijsen, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I picked up a problem with with G27. I have the profiler installed and the wheel rotation set to 900 degrees. I ticked the box that allows games to adjust the rotation. However, it seems that rFactor 2 no longer does that.

Is this a problem in rFactor 2 or in the profiler? How do I solve it?

NOTE: I've had problems with my profiler lately, with it not properly recognizing the wheel and not allowing me to set the rotation. My solution is to uninstall and then reinstall the profiler, which usually defeats the issue, be it temporarily. maybe this affects the case, which is why I mention it.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I had the same problem because Windows Updates messed with my Logitech drivers. Manually removing and reinstalling drivers fixed it for me.

3. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

The problem for me is that I reinstalled the driver (5.10_x64) today and rFactor 2 still doesn't override the profiler's rotation.

4. Moiker

Moiker Registered

Hello,
    I also have the same problem, any fix so far? I'm trying to solve reinstalling my drivers but which no success.

It looks like a specific problem with Windows 10, Logitec Profiler and rF2.

Please help me to clarify this:
    I realize that in Logitec Profiler, for me, doesn't matter what degree rotation I've selected in "Global device Settings" or "profile settings", in "G27 properties" the "steering wheel motion" animations only rotates to max 180 degrees (90 for each side). Physically the wheel rotates correctly but the animation stay in the same range. This is normal for any OS or is it a win10 glitch?
    See image below:
    Logitec proflier:
    [​IMG]

G27 Properties:
    [​IMG]

Configure my G27 to 900 degrees in the Logitec Profiler, in "G27 properties" the Steering wheel movement"always rotates to max 180 degrees (90 for each side). But physically the wheel rotates at 900 (450 for each side), that means I get a wheel factor of 180: 900 = 1/5. So rF2 does not seem to adjust proper the rotation and keeps this weird factor in game, even if check "allow the game to adjust settings".
    I figure out that if I set the angle to 180 in Logitec profiler, the wheel will synchronize to the game wheel, but limiting to this rotation angle its impossible to play.

Sorry about the English. Please let me know if you guys figure out;

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I've found a definitive solution, this never happened to me while in windows 7, after upgraded to windows 10 the problem started...

The normal windows 10 administrator user have a lot of restrictions that microsoft don't inform. For some reason with this type of user rFactor2 can't override the settings, no matter what you do.

The solution is to create a Super Administrator user (seems like they have copy the super user concept from linux), after that the "vehicle set" option works fine.

https://superuser.com/questions/954625/make-a-user-account-on-windows-10-a-full-admin

One stranger thing is that Automobilista can override the settings with a normal admin user.

PS: i don't have a specific profile in Logitech Profiler, just using the global configuration.

upload_2018-1-1_3-56-21.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  6. oppolo

oppolo Registered

I had the same problem with my g25. my solution: launch rf2 with logitech profiler off

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@ebeninca it would be interesting to know if this works for those with this issue, and whether it might help S397 come up with a solution.