Lag-OSW question

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hugo Becerra, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

Hello,

I have a intel I5 4400 and a NVIDIA GTX 750ti with 8 gb of ram.
    I have OSW Simucube kit.

Lately I have been experiencing some sort of lag with high fps (around 70 to 100).

This has been weird because I used to have a logitech g27 like 4 months ago and it would work perfect but now with the OSW this is happening.

It especially happens under braking. Like it suddenly became slow motion.

Is there any chance that my computer cant deal with the OSW and Rf2 ? it works perfect with Assetto and iracing though...

Any recommendations ?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Pree CTRL+C on track and report what purple and green bar shows.

3. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

ok so the green bar its all the way to the right side (starting from the left) all the time.
    The purple bar is between 2/3 (a bit more than the middle) and sometimes it goes all the way to the right side.
    this was tested with the enduracers P2 car in Bugatti Circuit with 9 other AI

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Purple bar reaching the right means your CPU isn't able to keep in realtime. Could be other processes, or your CPU changing its speed, or just not being fast enough (some more recent tyres can be slightly more demanding, I believe).

What exactly are your CPU specs? Which of the 4400 series? Are you able to disable features like speedstep so it doesn't change clock speeds?

5. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

Intel core I5-4440 cpu @3.1GHz.
    I dont know if i can do that and how to do it

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, cool, the 4440 should be easily quick enough. Things like SpeedStep and TurboBoost should be in your BIOS settings, and are best disabled for rF2.

Obviously if doing that doesn't help (or they're already off) you might have something else affecting your CPU occupancy.

7. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

BIOS settings are in rf2 or somewhere else ?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They're in your PC when it's first booting up. If you're not familiar with them we're entering slightly dangerous territory. Do you have a user manual for your motherboard?

*I should also say some people 'turn off' SpeedStep by changing their power configuration to High Performance, or going into the plan and disabling CPU power management (or whatever it's called). But apparently sometimes that doesn't fully work. The BIOS should absolutely do it, just a matter of getting in there and changing that option (or two, if you disable TurboBoost) without changing, and probably breaking, anything else.

9. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

It has somehow started working properly. Anyway I am considering and will do eventually changing my processor and graphic card. I think that will completely solve the problem

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Why? Has nothing to do with your hardware (assuming that hardware is not defective).
    That said, a GPU with more VRAM can´t hurt. How much VRAM ?

11. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

I dont know. But now I made a mistake puting the fanaleds plugin for my fanatec wheel leds to work and its not working properly again. I already deleted the plugin and somehow the wheel's leds keep working but the lag is still there. Now it happens the most when shifting.

I do have my motherboard's user manual and my current vram is 2gb in the GTX 750ti.

Could you tell me how to do the BIOS thing ? Im taking the risk.

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I'm not near my computer so I can't give the exact setting to change.
    In the controller.json file find the line about ffb on a separate thread and put it to 1.
    Somethibg like that.
    I think it was mentioned in the OSW thread here

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I have it opend here. Got to your rfactor install folder, open UserData/Player, there´s a controller.JSON
    open with notepad. At the buttom of "Force Feedback":{ there´s a line "Use thread":true,
    If this on "false" set it to true.
    But seems "true" is standard/stock......

14. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

Thats the BIOS thing ?

15. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

ok I have done it. It was on "false". Anyway im not sure what to expect... everything is the same. Lag has slightly improved but its still there...

16. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

I do have my motherboard manual and my current vram is 2gb.

how can I do the BIOS thing ?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Read your motherboard manual. It will describe how to adjust things in the BIOS, and will probably even have screenshots. You could also tell us exactly which motherboard you have.

18. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

I will read it, my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, cool. So pressing Delete during startup will enter the BIOS configuration, and the first page (M.I.T.) allows you to change CPU settings. The only two you want to disable at this stage are Intel Turbo Boost Technology, and EIST. The first page on BIOS Setup (Chapter 2) also describes how to move around, though it's quite logical.

20. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

One thought, if it was ok with your old wheel and bad with the new wheel (The pc specs are fine).. it could be a USB conflict.. with another USB device when your on the brakes, causing an interupt to another usb input task for another device.

Try removing all other USB devices... also try change usb ports (usb 2 to 3 or 3 to 2).