Latest Roadmap Update - January 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Torrada, fullsus, Jego and 17 others like this.
  2. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

fap fap fap

3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

It is all so colorful. ;)

The upper right DX11 looks already good to me and the last Nola / DW12 shot is great looking too. Can't wait for all the updates.

Thank you for the update.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

What can I say? Seems you all have been very busy. ;)

Can't say much right now but everything that I've seen gives me a lot of hope.

This roadmap update also gives me a feeling that we won't see another build before THE build. The DX11, VR and plenty other overhauls. Which isn't bad at all. If that all contributes to much better result for the heavily awaited build. I'm looking forward to that with lots of positive thoughts. I wish you the same. Don't go for the better. Go for the best.

peterchen and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  5. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Cool, thanks for the heads up

Just curious, does the NEW DX11 will give the ability to have tires skid to stay longer on the track ? i find it a little weird to have a big lock-up on a certain corner and the next laps the tire skid is gone.
    (I know that certain car (Enduracers) and certain track the skid is staying longer, but where I drive, it does not)

6. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The most important thing: new competition mechanics.

I believe that strengthening the online community is what will give the simulator longevity. I'm excited to see the result.

What do you think?

gor and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  7. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

good news!!
    I hope for circuits more lively, more real, more animated, with lighting and a phosphorescent marking :D
    restless for DX11 and online race/champ :p

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Looks great, really looking forward to it :) However, about the part below I got a small question.

Does this mean that Single Player Championship will come for sure, is it likely, or is it just a (small) possibility?

9. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I would prefer a championship online By Studio397 :D

danalm and ebeninca like this.
  10. Depco

Depco Registered

Great update.

The update really seemed to address a lot of the single player and Championship mode questions and request that have long been with rFactor 2. The screenshots look significantly better under dx11 and the new HDR lighting.

Based on the new update it appears Studio 397 is really listen to what the community has been asking for. And that's a good thing. I can't wait for the big update to drop.

ebeninca and bwana like this.
  11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

So you're asking for iStudio397 :D I bet this is also what they are looking into. If they find it working well and ready for this amount of work then maybe one day. :D Before that I want rF2 to be as sturdy and solid product as possible. To the point when we all will stop asking for fix for that, getting rid of that bug or long lasting half working feature and start asking... ok we have all things that we wanted. Now what? I KNOW! A ONLINE CHAMPIONSHIP! *Lighting up a bulp over your head* Then I think would be a good time for such a thing. :D But maybe Studio397 wants to go iStudio397 a bit earlier than that which I won't mind. We all are here because of our passion and desire to have good time with entire community. Whatever makes that time much more pleasurable is very much welcomed. :)

ebeninca, Sebastien Sestacq and bwana like this.
  12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Great work S397!

I am curious, do you see FPS gains with DX11 already? Also, is UI designed with VR in mind, or S397 will take AC route, where headset has to be removed to change settings in the main menu? Thanks!

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. Chris English

Chris English Registered

Looking really good so far - I'm eagerly awaiting the update for VR support! :)

I really like the look of the new UI, looks very clean but also has plenty of interesting looking features and will massively improve one of the weakest areas of rF2 currently.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Liking the new DX11 screenshots, much more depth already.

This bit caused a big grin:
    "The new user interface offers far more flexibility, which gives us the freedom to create additional functionality down the line such as incorporating single player championships and results."

Oh Yes! The recently new Single Player Championship has proven a success in AC so I'm very happy that Studio397 are incorporating what appears to be something similar into the new UI, it's something that will fill a big hole and really should've been there from the very beginning of RF2s life. Also like the idea of better Online functionality to improve the whole aspect of getting people to race online more and this will no doubt make it a cleaner & easier experience hopefully.

ebeninca likes this.
  15. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

Contrast. Oh how I have missed thee. :)

Guimengo and Ronnie like this.
  16. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

a couple of questions come to mind after reading this, firstly how is the VR implementation progressing?
    and secondly what is this modder beta you mention?

17. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

Thanks for the news, this is really promising! I like both the DX11 screenshots and the UI. I'm a newcomer: I was already convinced with the driving, those changes will make the game even more appealing!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  18. ApexMaster

ApexMaster Registered

when will the it be released?

19. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

CDP Red style: "When it's ready.."

All we know it's until the end of Q1. I bet we will know more from February roadmap update. I think there's no point asking at this moment.

20. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you for the update