[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There were some errors on Hotlaps and Challanges pages. I re-uploaded fixed archive in old place. Re-download r2la if you use that pages.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Found a way to edit grid! :)
    Right click on the xml file, click Edit, hit Ctrl+F look for Position, then this line:
    <Position>3</Position>
    In the driver you want to change, the driver name will be a few lines above
    <Driver>
    <Name>Will Mazeo</Name>
    Change the number there. Only issue: you need to remove the file from the folder where the rF2LA read it and hit refresh in the program, then edit and get the file back in the folder, click refresh. If you don't do this rF2LA will keep reading it with original result despite the edit

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Version 2.050 specifically must reload all changed xmls on refresh. Are you sure your`s does not do this?

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

hmmm now I see I tested on a previous version, I'll check the 2.050 later if I remember, at least I know it works so I'm happy. Too bad I cleaned our server a few weeks ago and deleted all the results folder T.T

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Ok checked, with 2.050 you don't need to edit it outside the folder, just edit the result, save and refresh in rF2LA and it will read the updated xml file
    One suggestion: when people don't come to a race they could get a DNS status

Edit: oh I see you already have a DNS status, but it is not being used(?), don't know why

Edit2:
    Can you explain this to me?
    2.jpg
    Why the real points are smaller and the position is not being set by them? The program is droping one more result despite the person already not being present in one or more races?
    Also can you tell me how I make the first driver get points when there is a driver swap? Looks like only the second one is getting it

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

DNS status is assigned only if driver is present in qual log but not present in race log. If driver didn`t show-up for event at all (including qual) he gets "-". Thats how it was from the beginning in log analyzer, since its how we used it in our league. I can try to experiment with giving DNS instead of "-" also, but I`m not sure if this break something, needs testing.

That table looks like a bug. But I can not reproduce it with logs that I have. Maybe thats because you changed positions in your xmls in this championship? I can imagine that can break some things, since I never really supported manual changing of position values in xml tags. You can send me this 6 log files and I can do more research.

Only the last driver name gets recorded in xml by rF2 if swap was done, if I remember correctly. In r2la drivers name is his unique identifier, so I can only support that one name for now. I guess what I`m saying is: there is no advanced support for driver swaps for championship manager. Its more complicated by the fact that the same drivers can drive different car-teams at different races during the championship. One more thing - I have no real life logs from several races with driver swaps to experiment with. If you have them, you can send me them also, for science :) Maybe I can improve this.

7. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

When I changed values in our Championships I did notice that those drivers that were in teams would not work properly but if i was to not set those particular drivers that were in teams (put them as solo) I found that the manual change was ok...... but that was for drivers names so.... I am not sure with this..........

8. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Driver swaps are recorded inside each driver node in the log files.

I have somewhere the xsl get the drivers on the car without double names.

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Wishmaster, yeah, I know. I extract that values to show cars driver list in report and swaps in "session laps" tabs. Still, having several real-life race logs with swaps would be good. I think I actually asked for that before and maybe got some. I`ll look. There is so much happened over the years with this logs I can not remember everything.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

We don't have driver swaps in all races, it happens a few times as we allow people to share a car so they are free to do it in case they won't come to the start or can't be there till the end so nobody lose points.
    I made a pack with the 6 races in the championship above (they are the EEC GT3 logs) of the races where people did it, the other 2 are from other league that had it, some are from live racers. The screenshot above is from a class btw, the tab with all drivers is fine, no double result drop
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ZBu9hmdgosZGRKcmRocXR5bTQ
    One thing is that a driver in a class (like Amateur) could share a car with someone that is not in the class, would be nice if the program could give them points for their class still
    Forgot to mention this is Automobilista
    Just an idea: I think for this to work the program will have to allow 2 people in the same position, right now if you do it it will see only one

11. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I have 2 or 3 result files. Will send them later to you.

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

This changes a lot. Now I see where a bug can be. Thanks for logs anyway.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Btw I had an idea, excuse me if I'm talking too much, I know how hard coding can be as I tried to learn without succes :D
    What if when you assign a result you had a "Validate Result" menu where you can edit some stuff like driver position and even exclude a driver (in case they appear more than one or idk any kind of bug), once you click "Validate" the program then generates a file with only the important stuff for the championship like position, driver name, team name, and work with it rather than with the xml, this way the xml can even be deleted without problems. The class and manual points overwrite then is worked after that

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not like that exactly, but some form of editing results can be done theoretically. I can not promise anything, but I`ll look.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Would help a lot, we have rules like mandatory pit, if someone does not do it the driver is DQed (driver Gilles was manually DQed in the Interlagos log I sent you), I think from the 6 GT3 logs I sent you 4 had to be edited for many reasons, senseless penalties in the end of a race, another race that had to end under full course yellow was restarted with 100 meters to the finish line, etc. And then the driver swap

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to v2.051.

r2la v2.051

Changelog:
    • Added notifications on number of new, removed or reloaded files after "refresh" to main page
    • Fixed error in class standings worst result calculation
    • Fixed error on html export if race has no Pole time
    • Fixes for some bugs when working with multiple directories
    • Fixes for track records reloading on xml removal
    • Fix for small names if name has trailing space in it
    No support for changing/selecting names or editing results yet. I started to build name changing support, but decided to abandon as it was a wrong path to take. Now I think that creating an editable xml file-duplicate would be the best way to do this, but for this I need much more work.

17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx Nibo It seems a bucket load faster now....

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Thanks mate, class stuff fixed indeed :) good luck with the other updates, hopefully the edit grid and driver swap can be done soon and won't be too much work :)

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I reuploaded 2.051 again at the same link with 2 more fixes:
    • fix for empty log file report showing error
    • fix for errors with multiple qualys (Q1, Q2, Q3)
    Sorry for this small bugs, its the product of big rebuild for version 2.050.

taylajee likes this.
  20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

2.051 archive re-uploaded again with one more fix - if you had custom championship points presets in old versions (before 2.050) and imported r2la_settings with them, then championship create/edit pages will not work. Fixed now, you`ll need to re-import your old r2la_settings for fix to work.

wrxxy likes this.