Force Upgrade for a track

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by doberk, Jun 11, 2016.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

Hi all,

I have seen many tracks that forces an upgrade when you are using certain car. For instance, when I use Dallara DW12 1.65 with Indianapolis 1.70 indy500 model is forced for oval course and road model is forced for road course.

How can I edit this for another car/track? Thanks in advance.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

trackconfigsbase.ini in the mod. Look in a mod that it works in; it references the upgrades listed in the vehicle's upgrades file (remember the first option for each upgrade is 0, not 1)

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

With Stock Cars and ovals, it's possible to force certain configuration to (stock) car through track's configuration file (VehicleConfigsNSCRS.ini).

This file is located in track's layout - folder.

4. doberk

doberk Registered

Perfect, thank you both ;)

5. doberk

doberk Registered

I am sorry, but I am still having an issue about this matter. I am trying to load Barber Motorsport Track with Dallara DW12 mod, and the indy500 model is always fixed. In the upgrades screen, the indy500 model is shown with two asterisks. I don´t know why it shows two asterisks, the forced upgrade should be shown by only one asterisk.

Well, I have checked the file "trackconfigbase.ini" in the mod, and this track doesn´t appear. On the other hand, I have checked the file "vehicleconfig.ini" in the track, and I have deleted it. But the mod is still forced to use Indy500 model for this track, and two asterisks are still been shown in the upgrades screen.

Any idea why does it happen? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2016
  6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Either you have the old Barber, the old Indycar, or both. Later releases of the Indycar made the road course the default setting. Or maybe you selected for setup on the Indy 500 setting.

7. doberk

doberk Registered

I always select road course model, but the car is always loaded with indy500 model in this track.

I have the latest version of dallara DW12 (1.65). And Barber is 1.167 version, but is a no-oficial track and I don´t know if this version is the latest. Anyway, if this track is an old version and incompatible, how can I make this track working good with indycar? The only problem I need to fix is the imposibility of choose road course model for this track

8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

http://simhqmotorsports.net/downloads/

You have an old version, but it should work with the latest dw12. You can get the newest version from the above link.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

9. NewWorld89

NewWorld89 Registered

Sorry to bump an old post, but is there any way to do this now?

I don't see any of those files that have been discussed within the thread. I wanted to do it for the Gen6 but I can't find anything like that.

10. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Every car should contain trackconfigsbase.ini file, which forces certain default configuration to the track. Problem is when new track comes available, this ini file does not necessary contain valid information for a new track.

Therefore there is also a way to do it other way around, with track based ini file. For example, NIR contains VehicleConfigsNSCRS.ini file, which contains following lines:

"StockCar_2015":
    Configuration=2
    Brake Kit=1
    Inner Liner=1

11. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Yes .... There should be an easier way to setup the "force upgrades" . This is essential to Oval races.

It is currently impossible to configure this unless you create a new mod or a new track. These files are inside the .mas file but in the installed folder of the mods and tracks.

Or am I mistaken?

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Here @Marcel Offermans one more idea to that create/edit championship/race events menu I sent you: track specific upgrade