A negitive experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitmore, Jan 1, 2017.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Exactly stonec that is why a better system needs to be found.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I agree, but knowing the state of the art today, those admins putting a server with many tracks are not helping much (for saying it kindly). They would be more helpful to the community by setting a password and avoiding people from wasting their time trying to enter their servers.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Just had a cool race on S397 open server ......

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

That's good to hear peterchen. I would assume though it wasn't on the Stockcars server? Haha...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Had no idea they are setting up that many tracks! How does anyone get on their servers at all? Even league members would at times have issue with that. Nothing worse on race nights!

So maybe a forum here for admin.
    Yes we have the online fun but I was more thinking server admin have a page they can edit at any time and set out a list of tracks and cars their server/s will be using over a 3 or 6 month period with start date to when the content will change? I'm sure they wouldn't change the content that often so it's not like they'd have to do it often over the year. Plus most leagues have more then 1 server. They run more then 1 series at a time.

Often the same tracks are used but in a different order with maybe a different car for a second series of the year so the casual drivers will only need the car if they don't already have it.
    Sure, Lock the server on league race nights but if it was possible for people to come here and look up a server that suits them they will have a list of current content and preferably links to the third party or modified ones. Steam would cover the rest.

Oh well, It's a thought.
    Probably want work. Admin say they have enough to do now and for it to work you'd need more the 50% on the servers listed on the forum at any given time.

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Spend a bit of time on the S397 server tonight with the GT500. First time driving this car. Seems a little flighty. Setup settled it down a bit but it still needs full concentration on it. The shame is I have rotational knobs to adjust the brake bias, front and rear ARB but can't seem to get up the nerve to let the wheel go. Haha... Probably just me.

Had three track rotations so far. First two where fine. The third, Indianapolis 2014 GP. Never been on it before so didn't know how to get from the garage out the back to the track. Ok, fine. Went out, (no AI and no one else on the server) No one to follow. Got DQ in the garage area. Really poor form wouldn't you agree?
    Anyway being the only one on the server with a DQ I went out and re-joined. Still DQ. So pointless trying to get back on track till the server moved on. Really annoying if I wasn't alone.

So for future reference, not knowing the track at all I went to SP with some IA and followed them out. Got on track now.
    So for future reference, when this rather boring wast of space comes up again it'll be a good time to take a crap, Have a shower, Wash your hair, Put some washing through the machine, cook your dinner, do the dishes. Anything really.

But the DQ and not being able to leave the track and re-enter. Not really good considering it was only practice. never been DQ before, well not by accident in practice anyway. In race a few times, sure.

6. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

If QDed in practice just switch the car or change a tuning option and you will be fine. Or if you are alone on the server just vote restart or go to next session.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

you can add AI on server too.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Simple rule if you want your server popular: 1 well known track, 1 well known mod.

BTW is Durge ok? Ive been away long.

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi Nikos! Long time as you say!
    Haven't heard about Durge for quite a long time. I also hope he is OK...

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Yep he's good , over at no grip if you want to say g'day

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thanks both :)

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Thanks for that. I had no idea I could do that not being the admin for the server I didn't think I had that type of control.
    Good to know.

I would have thought just leaving the server would have worked, but no. A change of car would be good one to remember.
    Thank you.