Spa Francorchamps track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yuriznikov, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Hi!

Sorry if this was asked previously, or if this is in the wrong forum location.
    For the Christmas off time i am planning to start doing a 6h (x4 acceleration) race, getting my hands on Rfactor 2 recently i figured it would be THE endurance racing sim to go with for singleplayer racing.

The track i am planning to use is Spa, but am having a very hard time finding a quality/accurate track to race on.
    Does anyone have a good version/'suggestion for a recent version of Spa where the AI does well too?

The only one i found that was somewhat good had a gravel trap on the top of eau rouge > raidillon (on the inside of the hill) which is unlike anything i've ever seen on Spa, as there is supposed to be asphalt there.

Am i missing an obvious choice here? or are there no 'perfect (or near perfect)' versions of Spa for rFactor yet?.

Thanks in advance!

2. stonec

stonec Registered

If you mean modern Spa, then the answer is no. There was years ago news that a modding group (Apex I think) was working on Spa, but it seems the project has stalled. There are of course some versions floating around online that are less legal, which I'm afraid I can't link here.

3. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

check your inbox!

4. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Thanks guys! got some leads now =) have to test a few versions actually for performance and AI performance.
    Otherwise it might just be another track to run such a long race on.

5. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

This track version was publicated without our permission (like others). It's a private version and we don't give the permission to anyone to publish it.

It corresponds to a series of tracks that we call SRE (Simracing Edition) in which we are introducing graveltraps in conflict areas or in which the track can be cutting. It is much better than the "anticuts", which can make your car go flying.

We don't care the appearance of the real track, we are seeking the best for our races, the most practical and the asphalt it's not the best to avoid cut tracks.

An example:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Would be nice if you shared. in EEC we stopped keeping things private, especially the tracks that are fine tunned for online racing

Felipe Granado and Ho3n3r like this.
  7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Most of the community prefers your forward thinking - it's very progressive. :) I remember McNolo from the same clan as monoplazas making a big stink on RaceDepartment a while back when somebody posted one of their tracks but had no idea who the author was, but still stated he claims no rights on the track and he was posting it just for the benefit of the community.

With attitudes like this, no wonder the online community has been suffering.

With FSR tracks, it is publicly known that all tracks may be used by anyone for their racing as well, despite a lot of effort going into most of the tracks to get them up to standard.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Oh keep anything "progressive" away of me, I have a special hate for this word due to the ideology it can represent. I just think it's common sense to share things for many reasons, one of them is that you won't get mad when people leak it lol

9. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I used it in the way I interpret it. ;)

Also, it has multiple definitions.

10. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Most of the Race
    First of all, the RaceDepartment event was a misunderstanding, possibly due to my difficulty to express and understand English correctly, but was not for the reason that you have said. At the end everything was cleared up.

RaceRfactor (F1 tracks) are two people, myself and lagg (his nickname). Some of the tracks of FSR which you are talking about, are OUR tracks with some modifications, tracks that we convert and publish to the community, not converted by FSR.

"With attitudes like this", seriously?

We (RaceRfactor) have published a full F1 trackpack, 15 tracks converted completely and some others modified from ISI or other modders, to include corrections, like DRS areas, or add digital flags. After, we have published new versions of many of it to include improvements... thousands of hours of work (yes, thousands)
    Many communities have F1 tracks to run their Championships thanks to us and you say "with attitudes like this"? We are among the people that more things have shared with the community, perhaps you should inform better before you speak.

We stop publishing content by attitudes like yours, because of the hundreds of downloads that have our tracks, just a few people (very few) are grateful or reported constructive feedback to help improve. Others just remember us when they have a problem or to criticize (sometimes absurd things) in bad ways.

So at the end we decided not to publish anything else and we not going to do it, although it can occur that someone to do it without permission like in this time, but this person was expelled already from our Championship.

I said in another post, the majority of the simracing community does not deserve anything and your post proves it.

D.Painter likes this.
  11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Well Mcnolo, you just confirmed what Ho3n3r thinks about you. And for you, he confirmed what you think of him.
    You are running in circles, you see?
    If you are not -from a humanized standpoint - intellectual able to deal with the people and if you take everything personal
    then public modding is not for you and it indeed is the best decision to not publish anything.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

After some years helping to adminstrate league I learned to ignore the lack of feedback and the noise a "troll" group can do. After all this happens everywhere on the internet in any group, you see 1 milion people watching something and like only 1000 is comenting and actually interacting so you can always expect a very low % of people that will come back to say thanks or report a issue.

Felipe Granado and Ho3n3r like this.
  13. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi all.
    As McNolo has said we began the project with the purpose of having a good F1 trackpack for the rF2 community.
    We have been working more than 4 years in this project and we continue working for our private use.
    We oppened a forum (the McNolo one) to help people to improve their tracks.
    McNolo made some video tutorials to have some guides to help people.
    We tried to have feedback to help and learn, but except in a few cases, people only wanted to download the circuits.
    We closed the forum, because this wasn't our purpose and someone can find the circuits on the web.
    Following this other people began to provoke and insult us in the ISI forum for not give permission to publish the trackpack in the Steam Workshop.
    This is more or less what has happened, and the reason to stop publishing our trackpack.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    McNolo and Guimengo like this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

So in other words because of a very small percentage of people moaning the vast majority who would be happy are out of luck, that's a shame.

15. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes.
    They won.

McNolo likes this.
  16. lagg

lagg Registered

But i want to point out something.
    The "very small percentage of people" were the grateful, most people didn't say anything, and a few where disgusting.

McNolo likes this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

I have all respect for the work RaceRFactor does, but they are not technically "your tracks" simply because you make modifications to them. Most of the RaceRFactor track layouts are ripped from other sims and thus illegal conversions by principle. This is nothing different than what FSR or any other league does, we simply take the best track available most of the time and use it. Actually I myself fixed the bumpy Eau Rouge and invisible wall issue on Spa that plagued all online versions, which required weeks of editing, so FSR has done more than just ripping RaceRFactor tracks. Same with FSR Montreal, totally rebuilt. We have no problems with other communities using our tracks, because we understand we don't "own" these tracks unless we build a track from scratch (and even then I can't understand why it would not benefit everyone to share your work, even ISI allows use of their tracks and art and they spend half a year on creating a single track).

Ho3n3r and Guimengo like this.
  18. lagg

lagg Registered

We prefer not to benefit someone who is insulting us

McNolo likes this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

And that's actually normal, as I said above, happens in any area (heck this happens even when people pay for something). Not a surprise people that create content never learned it tho, unfortunately.

20. McNolo

McNolo Registered

I will do whatever I want, mate.

Our conversions, not our tracks. We never say that this are our tracks.

I said that some tracks of FSR are our conversions with modifications (is true), because Ho3n3r gave as an example to FSR for publishing his tracks. With this I meant that FSR published modified tracks which were previously published by us. It was not an attack to FSR, I feel good what you do, only sought to explain that the example used by Ho3n3r is ridiculous. You understand me?

Guimengo likes this.