AI car setups

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mike Crimlis, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Mike Crimlis

Mike Crimlis Registered

Hi all.

I was wondering if there is a simple way to assign different setups to each of the AI cars so that I can test them and find which ones are giving better results?

Mike.

2. Niclas Porbadnik

Niclas Porbadnik Registered

hey :)
    i found a descriptoin here:
    http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1885553
    1) Make and save a setup for the AI driver in the Garage. Generally, just adjust aero and gearing as the AI doesn't use your tires and the default setups are usually balanced, though if the aero you pick causes bottoming, then you'll need to increase spring rates accordingly.

For example, if the driver you want to use this setup is called Puccio Giodano, racing at Sepang in a Cobra. So save this setup as "Puccio Giodano Sepang Cobra".

2) Go back to the Results and click on the driver you want using this setup.

In the example, you would click on Puccio Giodano in the Results window.

3) Go back to the Garage menu and highlight the setup you want to assign by clicking on it.

In the example, you would click on "Puccio Giodano Sepang Cobra" in your setup files.

4) Now click the AI Setup button. <see image>

[​IMG]

From now on, the specific AI driver (Puccio Giodano) will use this setup at that track (Sepang) in this vehicle (Cobra). You can assign one setup to all AI drivers (must do so one by one) or make specific setups for each AI driver as I've shown in the example.

Notes
    There are complaints that any fuel strategy you configure in an AI setup will not take place. I have not tested that aspect.
    [spoiler/]

but i am unsure if the AI is able to show you which setup is giving the best result. AI drives different then a human driver (driving lines etc)

3. Mike Crimlis

Mike Crimlis Registered

Excellent find Niclas.
    Thank you for that. Looks like it is a bit hit & miss, mainly due to the strange AI driving style, as you say.
    I will try it out and see where it leads.

Thanks again.

Mike.

4. Niclas Porbadnik

Niclas Porbadnik Registered

your welcome :)
    i think for some roughly different setups it may work out,but minor changes you must test yourself
    for what do you need the setups ?