License for server?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by doberk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

until build 1108 was been released, I used to install the dedicated in a specific server with Windows Server 2012 R2. This installation had not steam login or license. I only copied all files from my rF2 folder and executed dedicated_server.exe.

Since the build 1108 was released my server doesn´t appear in the servers list. Maybe do I need to create a steam login for the server and buy a license?

can I use my license for both computer and server?

Thanks.

2. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I'm using the same licence to server and to race. After server is up and running you can logoff Steam without shuting down the server, after that you may login in steam on your computer to play.

3. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  4. doberk

doberk Registered

Thank you, but that way syncronizes server installation with my workshop (about 30gb), and I only want to install my league´s mod. Is there any way to start launcher without workshop syncronization?

That tutorial doesn´t work, at least in my case. SteamCMD downloads only 25mb, and there isn´t any exe file in the folder or subfolders. I tried to use app number 365960 instead of 400300 (I think is the new app number for the last release, but I am not sure), but it downloaded the same files. It followed this tutorial in the past, and I remember it worked, but not now.

5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

That tutorial works and is the recommended way of installing and running a dedicated server without having to download all content or having to buy a license (or even install a steam client). If you've tried it and at some point something did not work, please report it here so we can take a look.

6. doberk

doberk Registered

Today it works good. I don´t know why it didn´t work yesterday, but today I´ve tried to configure it again using steamcmd and this time it has downloaded all files correctly (500 Mb more or less). My server is already online and showed at servers list.

Thanks.

Marcel Offermans likes this.