Can't get wheel to match on screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Wozza_UK, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Wozza_UK

Wozza_UK Registered

Hi,
    I can't get my physical wheel to match the wheel on-screen.

Typically, all I've had to do in the past is set my profile to 900, set 'Range from Vehicle' in the json file to TRUE, and check the Vehicle Set box in the option screen. That then normally matches up perfectly.

I've done all that but it will not match up. Has anything changed that I'm not aware of?

I'm using a Thrustmaster T500.

2. Wozza_UK

Wozza_UK Registered

OK I've just done some more experimenting and this appears to be some kind of bug. It only effects two cars as far as I can tell: the Howsten G4 (the one I was using before) and the Howsten Dissenter.

By using my normal settings that I've always used before all the other cars are fine.

Is it possible to raise a ticket about this?

3. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    I have the T500RS also
    Just center the steering wheel and this is ok in principle.
    The controller in the game
    I had this problem at the weekend :) and it is resolved

Do not forget to save after the change

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  4. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Maybe you could check the options for steering and if sensitivity is set at 100% - I had a mismatch because default this was set to 60%

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This one i dont understand ?
    My wheel also doesn't match ingame wheel .
    Fanatec GT2 here .
    Set wheel profile in win10 to 900 and select from vehicle but the only way it matches is if i set the sensitivity to 200 .
    My on wheel setting is at Auto and have tried 900 and even matching the ingame DOR but nothing other than sensitivity .

6. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

You have an inconvenient plugin can be like I had
    The plugin that gene with me is Best Delta
    Once removed more steering wheel worries.
    Test one by one the plugins to see if this does not come from that.

7. John Fehner

John Fehner Registered

I am having the same issue I think....my wheel doesn't show up in the controllers list. I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari RW Red Legend Edition. I just purchased the wheel to go with RF2, as it is affordable and works with windows 10. Any suggestions (besides buy a different wheel....lol) would be greatly appreciated

8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Someone just asked on Discord too (might have been you). In any case, this is my answer there:

The fact that it does not show up in the controllers list only means that we did not provide a preset for it.

You should still be able to set it up your controller by assigning each axis and button yourself, like you probably did in rFactor 1.

If you experience problems with assigning axis, go back to Windows and first make sure your wheel is properly calibrated there (so axis start at zero input and end at maximum input, you can usually use some kind of graph in the driver to check, and there typically also is a button to calibrate).

9. John Fehner

John Fehner Registered

My problem is solved thanks to Marrs from the official Discord channel....it really helps folks, check it out...:D