Some Small GT-R GT500 Bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Empty Box, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I guess this is the section for car bug reports? Typically we'd just discuss this in the news section in the post for it, but they never made a post for it... Anyways:

- All skins on the right side of the car behind the RF tire have what appears to be a "00" on the lower portion of the fender flare, where the exhaust exit is.
    - The driver is approximately 8 feet tall judging from the helmet position.
    - Rear wing adjustment often takes multiple clicks to adjust the angle. Not sure if this is supposed to be adjustments of half/quarter degrees and it's not displaying, but other cars work fine.
    - Driver names are last name only and not a full name, nor Driver 1 / Driver 2 last name. Surely this can easily be standardized to be in line with other official content.
    - Not to beat the dead horse more, but he deserves a beating for it - the internal sound needs work.

peterchen likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Bound to be exactly that. They could set up Special lines to override what gets displayed and make sure the decimals show the difference, but they obviously haven't (yet).

This thread could probably go into this section: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/isi-cars-and-tracks.135/ as what you're discussing are mod specific problems rather than game bugs, but to be fair that forum's fairly quiet and it probably makes little difference.

3. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

That section specifically says (NO BUG REPORTS IN HERE PLEASE).

Upon further review - I don't think it's half / quarter degrees (or similar) on the wing. The DW12's Oval front wing can be adjusted in displayed half degrees, on top of the GT500 having no real rhyme or reason as to which wing adjustments take multiple clicks to thumb through. Some angles take 2 or 3 clicks to get to the next listed one, then the next will take only one like usual for example. If it were smaller adjustments that just weren't being displayed you'd expect it to consistently take 2 or 3 clicks to get to the next value.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, fair call on the forum, didn't see that.

The wing clicks are intermittent because of rounding. I've never investigated why it happens, but the rounding in the game sometimes produces interesting results. In this case 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6 becomes 4, 4, 5, 6, 6 and so on. It's either the way the floats are handled or are being rounded that produces inconsistencies. But regardless of rounding when you're doing 0.5 per click, showing no decimals is just ambiguous. It's better to force the display using Special entries, which would be what's done with the DW12 front wing you mention.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

I thought it was my mouse not registering a click , decimal increments makes sense

peterchen likes this.
  6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Also, the cockpit view is not centered with the steering wheel.
    TK

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Jeez, good observation. From the files it looks like it's nearly 2.5cm off :p

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  8. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

That's 2.5cm more of the left side mirror that i could be seeing. Could be the difference between (virtual) life or death :D

Guimengo likes this.
  9. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thanks for your feedback :) We'll be getting an update out soon.

peterchen, Alex72, yusupov and 2 others like this.
  10. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Also, gut feeling tells me the oil temp is probably too high. Haven't seen any smoke or blown engines, but seems warm - up to 240 F even in 75 F weather. Or are we supposed to short shift?

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Noticed the wing adjustment is a little inconsistent, 6 to 7 one click ,7 to 8 ..3clicks etc

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Rounding, as above...

bwana likes this.
  14. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

+1 on this definitely internal sounds need alot of work.
    External sounds are great not sure what it sounds like in real life.......

Alex72 likes this.
  15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Looking forward to any update on this great car. It's fun to drive, but yes the sound is a bit weak. Hopped into the GT1 GTR right after and the engine in that one roarrred. :)

bwana likes this.
  16. tpw

tpw Registered

My major bug with this car is that there is no visual damage modelling whatsoever. Drive head first into a wall at 200kmh+ and your wheels and wing might fall off, but the panels are otherwise pristine. I hope this is something that will be worked on, but won't be holding my breath.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Has this been in rF2 at all?

18. tpw

tpw Registered

rF2 doesn't have dented/warped panels (it would be nice), but it does have panels falling off. The GT500 panels don't seem to do this.

EDIT: I forgot to say, the car is a blast to drive otherwise and the default setup is good, just like the USF2000.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The HSV010 sounded like that in first 2 seasons, the GTR and Lexus never did so external sound update is needed too ;)

This is from 2010 but the sound was nearly the same till they went to the 4cyl