Special offering

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DinkyWinky, Dec 25, 2016.

?

Will you help me?

1. Yes.

20.0%
  2. No.

80.0%
  1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hmm.....even an XD is not the same as in the picture:

[​IMG]

F1Aussie, bears and Nibiru like this.
  2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thats a XB or XC alot closer

bwana likes this.
  3. DinkyWinky

DinkyWinky Registered

Now I'm really sad. I would of love to seen it... I'm really sad now. Don't unpack it! Do you have any screenshots? I would love to seen it

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Its the wrong car...no need to feel sad ;-)

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

......and stil no answer to my pm...... am I the only one working on this between the TS and I?

Sorry mate; I wanted to help you any way I can, but I'm out of this.

6. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Dinky, just a word of warning. Because a car exists in a simulator (rF2, or any other), it doesn't mean that it will be accurate. Many cars that are produced by the community are unverified; by that I mean that it is the developers take on what the car should 'feel' like which is often not based on anything other than their own (limited) knowledge.

There are cars, some as developed by ISI, that have had real drivers test them and give feedback so I would put a lot more accuracy onus on those.

I am not suggesting it will not be useful to get your hands on a Ford XD, but rather to use the car that have been developed outside of what I would deem any ''quality assurance'' with caution.

John and bwana like this.
  7. DinkyWinky

DinkyWinky Registered

I'll keep that in mind... and isnt "There are cars, some as developed by ISI, that have had real drivers test them and give feedback so I would put a lot more accuracy onus on those." mostly for alot of cars?

8. bwana

bwana Registered

no some have had actual series drivers give actual input into car feel and input into what a base setup would be, others , historics for instance have not but rely on the ISI devs to enter actual physical numbers for the structural engineering and then rely on the gmotor to do the rest , this can often give a very much expected feel but in the hands of an actual driver could have been tweeked even further.. PS if Navigator is offering help take it!!. some of his work that Ive tested privately andis yet to be released (if ever) is outstanding..

PLAYLIFE likes this.
  9. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

@Navigator id love to see that Falcon in game and im sure most Aussie's would to.
    Can you weave your magic on it.

2ndLastJedi and bwana like this.
  10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That should be no problem. However; not at home as this is my first day of a weeks vacation.
    When I get back, I will take a look at it. Physics wise it should be okay, but if it looks horrible (some mods do, some dont) there's not much I can do.

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Is there a way of converting the Historic x Mod from AMS to rFactor 2 ? That has some pretty awesome cars that would be similar to the Falcon in question .

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Might be, yes. But as with the Falcon; I didn't think of permission....... We have to have that one.
    On holidays now, have to look into that one later.
    Maybe you know upfront where to look for that?

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Where did you find the car? I'll see if I can get the ball rolling in contacting the author

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hmm, good one. I can't remember; I looked for it, found it and downloaded....... maybe at home on my pc I can still see it.
    That is no option for me at the moment.

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Ah memories, I had an xc gxl, the old man and I started to restore an xb coupe before I got married and lost interest. I also had an xd s pack. Those were the days. Big cubes and big lumpy noise.

Nibiru likes this.
  17. bwana

bwana Registered

Yep I had XB GS Panel van ,351 ,top loader, flat top pistons ,elec ignition ,.. fun times.

F1Aussie and Nibiru like this.
  18. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

just use the Ford Maverick, I mean the ISI Howston Dissenter..........:)

19. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Yes the memories.
    My first car was a xc sedan 308 same colour as the picture. Its was 20 years old 1 owner. Bought it for $1000 spent $3000 reconditioning the engine gearbox and carburetor only to have it stolen from my garage. Oh the memories

bwana and F1Aussie like this.
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

my first ford was a zj fairlane, based on xd. Had a 351, could pull 110 in 1st and 170 in second, got up there quick too. Got rear ended at some lights and written off. Replaced it with the xc. 302, c4 tranny and 9 inch diff, wasn't fast and sucked the juice but was a good cruiser. Again got rear ended and written off. Then got the xd s pack, 351 4 speed, this sucker went like stink, a copper I have known for 30 years still says it was the fastest thing he has been in. Dropped a 4 speed auto in it and was then able to sit on 110 limit at around 1500 rpm.
    As it and got an xe wagon, put a 351 in it, a 5 speed box and a 130 litre tank. Could get around 1100km from a tank so was great for long distance driving. Every time I drove it something bloody broke though, including losing the bonnet once.
    All these had rebuilt engines by my old man and I.

bwana and Nibiru like this.