12H x2 Hours of Sebring Livestream!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Yuriznikov, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Hi guys!

Excuse me if this is in the wrong forum, or if you guys despise this form of self promotion but i wanted to bring the word out for anyone interested.
    If this is beyond the rules then please delete the post and topic of course.

I have been lurking on these forums for a little while now after picking up rFactor 2 for its endurance racing experience not much other sims seem to offer.

Been planning to an endurance race for a long time now, and it's finally happening, here we go:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sebring 12h.jpg

Skavuiten Racing Channel presents: 12 Hours of Sebring!
    Join us on twitch for an epic twelve hour grind at Sebring.

Link
    https://www.twitch.tv/skavuitenracingchannel

Time schedule:
    Tuesday 27th of December

Qualifying 21:00-22:00 UTC
    *Stream may be live earlier for practice and testing

Wednesday 28th of December
    Race start 11:00-23:00 UTC

So whats the plan?
    A twelve hour race is the plan, well duh!
    We will be driving offline amongst the GT cars in a multi-class field of Various Prototypes and GT's. Hopefully the AI is on our side as well =)
    As a twenty four hour race would be a bit too much (who knows we'll ever do that) for a first try we decided to run it for twelve hours.
    With the magic of a little time acceleration that would run us around the clock twice in the sim.

The plan is to take turns in driving while we both think of the best (pit) strategy to go with during the race. Most important of all will be to finish the race, not wrecking the car.
    An AI driver might be our 'last resort' if we decide to eat Pizza halfway through!
    Stints are expected to be around 45 minutes to 1 hour in lenght, depending on what happens in the race this may change of course.

Why?
    We are both car and motorsport enthousiasts, and have since this year been sucked into GT Endurance racing even more after visiting the 24 Hours of Spa in juli this year.
    As Yuri was already into simracing he decided it would be a fun idea to run a six-hour session in his Christmas off time.
    Thats where Jitse came into the picture! Deciding it would be even more epic to run the race for twelve hours, that is with next to no simracing experience!
    We would also stream the whole thing and make it something special, hopefully.

We are definitely up for an interesting race. Jitse will be practicing on the 27th of December, trying to get the hang of lapping the M6 consistently around Sebring.
    Yuri has a little more simracing experience, but both of us have never driven a simulator for twelve hours straight.

Streaming?
    please bear in mind we are both noobs at streaming, but we figured it would be most fun to do if other people could watch as well. We don't expect a lot of viewers but look forward to going live!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Great idea guys. Hope to see you in some online endurance racing after this experience. I'll try to check in

Yuriznikov likes this.
  3. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Glad you like the idea! ;) I have been involved in quite some league racing actually, but never done a race this long before. rFactor is the perfect sim for that in my opinion (night racing etc).

4. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

That didn't last very long, we were having some issues with the streaming (and driving)

I blew the engine on the second try in my second stint, race over :(
    Channel mighjt still be open for some endurance racing tonight, albeit not 12 hours of glory haha