Share your OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi Rocafella. I saw you posting at vr forums also. I think Dennis Reimer overthere is the most knowledgeable about argon.

sman likes this.
  2. softslider

softslider Registered

Hi,

I'd like to ask which STS value you are using. I saw many OSW users mention it feels better to set MMos power as 100% and change FFB multi. I'm also following it. Recently I saw that the linearity measurement method using wheelcheck is not correct or something like that(it seems coming from iracing forum). But I couldn't see how STS should be set after the comment. Any good guide how to set STS value for OSW uers? I remember 0.272 or 0.275 but it seems not correct if wheel check's linearity checking result is not correct.

3. Markj

Markj Registered

Just wanted to check is everyone with an OSW still needing to change the wheel rotation value in MMOS to match the Vehicle set value? Every other sim i'm using seems to pick up that MMOS is set to 900 and then adjust. If this is the case is this something we could request is added to a future build?

samcoolrunner and jamesdio like this.
  4. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Yes, I need to change the wheel rotation in MMOS just for rF2. Good idea with the request!

jamesdio likes this.
  5. jamesdio

jamesdio Registered

Yes! That's exactly what I need.

Every time I change series, I'd to adjust MMOS setting.
    That's one of the most bothering!

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

To be honest I loaded up the SimXperience profile, changed the torque capability to 19.5, dialed in some smoothing, and adjust the multiplier per car. Mmos is at 100% without any effects and filtering. Feels absolutely fantastic, don't feel the need for fiddling with STS and such really,.

Eddy likes this.
  7. Markj

Markj Registered

I just posted in the Technical section against what seemed like a similar experience with Thrustmaster wheels and Marcel has picked up on it. Impressive to get a response so fast and he's said he'll investigate at some point so presumably if something is possible it may then get added. Fingers crossed as it would just make things easier, that and i keep forgetting to change settings when changing cars ;)

jamesdio likes this.
  8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Would be nice indeed! :)

9. Markj

Markj Registered

Does anyone know how to calculate the max force the OSW will output? I've realized I only use MCC at 8.4v (small mige and simucube) I'm guessing this is quite low on max force. Also should i therefore change the settings in the controller file?

10. Bozak

Bozak Registered

Small Mige torque coefficient is 2.2Nm/Amp. It's 2.2 x 9.1 amps RMS = 20Nm
    Granity software MCC and MMC amp values are NOT in RMS but in POS (peak of sine)
    9.1 amps x 1.414 = 12,867 amps POS
    Mine MCC and MMC are set at 11 and 12.5 amps

Also make these changes at controller.json:

"Rumble strip pull factor":-1.5
    "Steering effects strength":-10000
    "Steering resistance type":0
    "Steering torque capability":20
    "Steering torque filter":3
    "Steering torque minimum":0
    "Steering torque sensitivity":0.275

11. Markj

Markj Registered

Great thanks, so if my calcs are right. 20/12.867 = 1.55Nm per POS, so 8.5 (my MMC amps in Granity) x 1.55 means I'm running at around 13.2Nm.
    So presumably i should really set "Steering torque capability" to 13.2?

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

13. Markj

Markj Registered

Brilliant thanks, I'll post my settings once I've checked them :)

14. rer8

rer8 Registered

I wasn't sure of what you are searching for but I thought I would share my setting and a brief explanation of the same.
    CSR Base V2
    CS Pedals V3
    CS steering wheel Formula Black

My ingame Control settings are:
    Steering Wheel Range - 900
    Car Specific FFB Mult - 1.0 (occasionally adjust as needed)

CSR Wheel settings:
    SEn: 220 (actual rotation)
    FF: 075 (I adjust for the car mod I am using at the time or personal preference)
    SHo: 100
    AbS: OFF
    Lln: OFF
    dEA: OFF
    drl: OFF
    For: 60 to 80 ... generally 60 though (again personal preference)
    SPr: 100
    dPr: 100
    brF: 100

I would encourage you to read (perhaps print out)DrRipper's excellent treatment of this subject and get the tool so as to avoid clipping. I have driven this wheel for almost a year now (very happy). Prior to that I used the Logitech G27... I hope this helps

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

But this is OSW related thread and you posted settings for a Fanatec wheel :)

Liuke44 likes this.
  16. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

I everybody,

What is the value for decrease the rumble strip because with my OSW (Motor Mige 130ST-M10010) my neighbour is not very happy :p

Can we share again our parameters of the MMos and the controler.json ?

17. Markj

Markj Registered

Try increasing the smoothing/filtering in both rF2 and Mmos, I think I use 4 in rF and 2 in Mmos. Some of the poorer tracks have bad bumps that you can't do much about, also some cars are harsher than others. I'll post my settings when I get back to pc in few days...

18. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Thanks Markj. I will try this.

I will share my MMos and Controler.json this week.

19. Markj

Markj Registered

Finally get round to posting my settings, this is with Simucube, small Mige and 5000ppr. My settings give a max force of 13.2Nm in theory (set through Granity MMC and MCC)

I don't bother with different profiles for different games apart from lowering the MMOS filter to 2 I then use these settings in iRacing and AC.

rF2 settings
    smoothing = 4
    Vehicle multi - anything from 0.4 to 1.0, depending on car
    Vehicle set degrees, but set to match in MMOS

MMOS
    sometimes increase overall filter to 5 or 6 if kerbs are bad.
    Set steering angle degrees to mtach vehicle set value in rF
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

Granity
    I've recently had to change the FOC setting to 'Very High' I only seem to need this for some cars/tracks in rF, but I was getting an occasional over current fault when hitting a high kerb hard. Unless this is another setting I have wrong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any comments or if you spot I could improve anything let me know.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  20. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

this is with Simucube, small Mige and 10000ppr. My settings give a max force of 20Nm in theory.

rF2 settings

smoothing = 0
    Vehicle multi - anything from 0.4 to 1.3, depending on car
    Vehicle set degrees, but set to match in MMOS

MMOS
    Sometimes increase overall filter to 10 if kerbs are bad.
    Set steering angle degrees to mtach vehicle set value in rF

upload_2016-12-30_17-59-51.png

Controler.json
    "Jolt magnitude":0,
    "Jolt magnitude#":"How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.",
    "Off-road multiplier":0.1,
    "Off-road multiplier#":"Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)",
    "Other spring coefficient":0,
    "Other spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Other spring saturation":0,
    "Other spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Rumble strip magnitude":0.05,
    "Rumble strip magnitude#":"How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.",
    "Rumble strip pull factor":0.1,
    "Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",
    "Rumble strip update thresh":0.02,
    "Rumble strip update thresh#":"Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)",
    "Rumble strip wave type":0,
    "Rumble strip wave type#":"Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.",
    "Steering effects strength":-6000,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
    "Steering resistance coefficient":0.1,
    "Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
    "Steering resistance saturation":0,
    "Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0",
    "Steering resistance type":0,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
    "Steering spring coefficient":0,
    "Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering spring saturation":0,
    "Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering torque capability":18,
    "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",
    "Steering torque extrap blend":0,
    "Steering torque extrap blend#":"Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)",
    "Steering torque extrap time":0.015,
    "Steering torque extrap time#":"Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)",
    "Steering torque filter":0,
    "Steering torque filter#":"Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)",
    "Steering torque minimum":0,
    "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult":0.7,
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
    "Steering torque sensitivity":2,
    "Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult":1,
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",

bravotangosix and C3PO like this.