New set-up

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by mixer61, Dec 6, 2016.

1. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

When I receive a new set-up, it is the same as mine! In the player Json, the line" keep received"is good on 3.
    Thank you

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you loading the received setup?

3. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Yes, of course !

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

So you are saying that when you load a setup from the received folder it will simply not change any value?

Is that what you mean by saying that it is your setup? if it is changing values it should be properly working? Have you checked the svm file that you are loading with notepad or tried copypasting it in the regular track folder?

I would bet that you are messing something up in the way. The game does not distinguish the origin of the file you are loading. It is probably loading what you are telling rF2 to load.

Try placing a different setup in the received folder in Windows and load it from the game afterwards to see if it is working as expected which I am sure of.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I just had to check, I didn't know if it's actually something you're not familiar with, and might think receiving a setup means it's visible when you go to the garage :)

As Eusko says, you can check what's going on by playing directly with the setup files then going into the game. The setting you changed only means that your received setups won't disappear when you exit the game or change track - with any value other than 0 you should still be able to load a just-received setup and see what they sent you, not the same setup you just had.

Maybe try selecting their setup and clicking "Compare", just to see if there are differences you didn't notice (both sets of values are visible in the garage screens).