Wheel has weakened (T300)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TinoM, Dec 3, 2016.

1. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Hi,
    I am having an issue with my T300 as of yesterday and i hoping someone can help. For some reason it has weakened and I am unsure why this has happened. My FFB multiplyer was normally around .85 range for every car. To get the same feel I am now having to set this to 1.10 to 1.2. Any help or clues would be awesome!!
    MM

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

well you need to confirm wether its rF2 or your wheel by measuring it in alteast tho differend apps and if its the wheel contact TM

3. TinoM

TinoM Registered

It's only happening with rf2. Not having any issues with AC. One odd thing I just discovered is that it only happens with my setups. If I switch to default setup the ffb is the way it should be. Not sure why.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Caster change in your setups?

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Do you lower caster settings for your setups? lower caster gives lower ffb forces, and imho that is the way it should be.
    So if you lower caster settings for your set nothing wrong with the wheel or software

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

You beat me to it Emery ;)

7. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Unfortunately I don't mess with caster settings. :oops:

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Wierd. but default setups ffb is good (like it always was) and as soon as you make your own setup the ffb weakens right?
    If so i still think it's something in your setup what is making this happen

9. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Ya, strange. I went back and tried a few tracks with my setups and it happens with all of them. Default is normal...my setups, way too weak. Odd. I did upgrade to Windows 10 a week ago, but had no issues right after install, so i would have to rule that out. Although, Windows 10 did introduce a host of other problems. I dunno. I'll just crank everything up i suppose. Thanks anyways.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not just something simple like steering lock?

As Eddy says, it must be something in the setup if that's affecting it. Caster is the usual culprit, but could be something else.

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Or it could be simply your tyres warming up. Or simply just a feeling

12. TinoM

TinoM Registered

I'm not sure Lazza. I don't tinker so much with setups. Just the basics. I'm in a a few series, so I went back and tried previous setups just to confirm....something is different. I'm gonna test more with AC.....it must be my wheel.

13. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Hey Mikee...warming my tires has been issue long before this one!!o_O I'll get it sorted. I'm gonna buy the wifey a gift certificate for the mall....just 2 get her primed for my new purchase!

14. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I've got the T300 and this is normal behavior. Changing a setup can and dose alter the feel through the wheel. Or FFB changes if you like. I'm not sure why you think there is a issue with the wheel or rF2.
    If as you say it remains constant in AC even when changers are made to the setup only goes to tale you which is the better sim, wouldn't you think?

15. TinoM

TinoM Registered

.Umm... i dont think you get my issue. My wheel has weakened. Same car, same setup, FFB multiplyer has gone from .85 to 1.2 ish.

16. stonec

stonec Registered

A friend of mine had the same issue. I reckon that he had to uninstall/reinstall all Thrustmaster drivers periodically to get it back to normal.

17. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Thats what I am thinking. I did update my TM driver. I will try to revert back to the last....thx