[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Modding is a learning curve...
    <Snip> ...
    What MaD_King said. :cool:

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. Domi

Domi Registered

Dude, it has nothing to do with the FFB, I'm telling you that even with a gamepad the problem is there...

3. klo-che

klo-che Registered

No discussions like that please. Feel free to feedback, and we are free to take some feedbacks in consideration to improve ourselves.
    But arrogant posts like that are not needed, we are doing these free mods as our hobby, we are not a game company, you don't have to pay for this, so if you don't like, don't play, do you own mods, but don't be disrespectfull and arrogant. We have nothing to proove to anybody in the simracing community, it's not our job. If you like spending your free time criticising, it's your problem.

4. Domi

Domi Registered

He made a pretty detailed analysis here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/enduracers-interview.127946/page-3#post-2340713

5. klo-che

klo-che Registered

6. Domi

Domi Registered

Maybe, I guess he's upset because this thing has nothing to do about FFB, as he explained in RD there are physical flaws behind.

7. klo-che

klo-che Registered

The behaviour discussion is over, i've been pretty clear. We are reading forums, taking in consideration feedbacks for upcoming releases, and this is all.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Slamfunk3 likes this.
  8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

For me feeling of car in-game is more important. I mean, if some values are not 100% accurate to RL values I don`t mind as long as it feels believable and enjoyable to drive for me. Thats how it is with this mod, I can not feel major flaws while I`m driving. There are some situations where I can feel something questionable, like oversteer in slow speed corners (before apex and on apex), but thats manageable and I even didn`t try to tweak setups much yet.

So while I`m reading that some values are supposedly not correct, that does not shock me and does not turn away. If cars were harder to drive or behaved in not believable way - that would be worse, I would not drive it then. I`m even a little concerned, that some changes in physics that will be introduced in future versions might not be to my liking.

9. joenathan3005

joenathan3005 Registered

I think it's important to understand that just because it's a free mod, because its's your hobby, because whatever, none of that makes you exempt from criticism. If you create anything in the real world, it will be critiqued. The manner of which it is critiqued is very important, and while some of it a little brash, most of it has been constructive. In general, I think a lot of people want a realistic Endurance Racing mod. We didn't get that here with this release, so understandably, we're disappointed.

If anything, if you want your hard work to really mean something to me, make it realistic. Fix the fundamental physics flaws. Fix the poor tyre model. And maybe you'll get my respect as well. But otherwise, I don't owe you anything. I'll criticize you all day, and no, I don't need to know how to create a mod myself to be able to criticize yours.

10. Garth Buchanan

Garth Buchanan Registered

I see a lot of hate in this thread. First, let me say, that Only a handful of you are 'disappointed'. I for one am not and neither are the guys showing up week after week to leagues using this mod. There's no closer racing out there right now and in all honesty, I think the cars feel great. No more can you mash your foot to the floor at apex and the car just grips. These are harder to drive and the BOP's make for some amazing close racing.

Now, if I worked for McLaren and paid for this content for development purposes, I may have the same level of anger as some of you, but alas, free content on what is essentially a game still.

11. joenathan3005

joenathan3005 Registered

Problem is, no one is spewing hate in this thread. I guess it makes it easier to dismiss valid concerns if you call it "hate," but whatever.

That being said, I've not driven a car more dull and easier/forgiving as the Enduracers LMP2. I mean, anyone with a sense of counter steer can tell you these things are easy to drift. You can mash your foot to the floor, countersteer, and that's basically it. They're very simple to drive, and even easier to abuse. There's close racing, sure, but that's because things like the Ferrari and Corvette have identical inertia values.

How can you guys be okay with this??? It's fundamentally broken yet everyone else just says, "It's fun, it's free, I like it." I'm astonished.

And I promise you more than a handful are disappointed. I promise you that.

12. JTninja

JTninja Registered

Klo-che and Mad_King,

Keep doing what you're doing. You've heard from the community about an issue, investigated it, and are working to solve it. Thats great to hear. While the mod is not perfect, it's off to a great start and its only going to get better. If some people have the opinion that things are incorrect, they're welcome to join your team and help fix it.

If people can't provide constructive criticism without letting anger distort their message, than skip over it. People seem to forget about the constructive part...

baked bean likes this.
  13. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

As someone who's interested in sim racing and modding for the love of it, I'm disappointed. Disappointed that you guys are here on an Internet forum complaining about some guy's manners while looking past the actual analysis he's done, which strikes me as being the wrong priorities. Disappointed to see FFB settings used as a scapegoat to avoid looking at the actual problems people have found. But most of all? I'm disappointed to see the "it's free, we owe you nothing" excuse come up. Way to disengage.

You guys have plenty of talent right now, and you should strive to be the absolute best you can be. We all know you're capable, which is why we're here trying to explain what's wrong and how to make Endurance Series everything it can be. We're all in the same boat here, we all want brilliant mods to play with.

There may be a few isolated disrespectful sentences here and there, but from what I've seen the big picture has been very clear and constructive. To ignore that, and instead trying to shoot down 'disrespectful' responses emotionally should be beneath anyone from a group as experienced and well known as Enduracers. Especially one that brags about having experience with simulation for real racing teams. You're better than that.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  14. joenathan3005

joenathan3005 Registered

10/10 from you, lemming77 lol

And I think that's really all there is to it. Enduracers set standards for themselves that they've failed to meet. I think most people are aware they can reach those standards and it really comes down to whether or not you demand the realism that Enduracers claims to create.

I think if anything, there's nothing to fix on the FFB side of things. I liked the FFB. If you want to improve the realism, there's so much more to work on.

GzeroD and Associat0r like this.
  15. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

This is how you push modders out of the community.
    Don't like what they are doing? Don't run it, and go make your own.
    Want to help? Contact them in private. No one likes to have their flaws discussed publicly.

baked bean likes this.
  16. joenathan3005

joenathan3005 Registered

Want to know the weakest rebuttal to any sort of criticism ever?

"Don't [verb] it, or go make your own." or "Since you're so good, do it yourself.

As for the rest of your reply, no comment.

GzeroD, Bjørn, LeStrat and 2 others like this.
  17. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Actually the weakest would be to just blast an obscenity across the ether.

18. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Hello everyone, I quite enjoy the mod and I enjoy driving it. So saying I have had a wee play with it. The reason I did so was purely because of lack of ffb feel and has the soggiest/weakest suspension in any gt car I have driven in rfactor2 including a much favoured gt3 mod with poor physics.

The artificially higher inertias have 'not' given more feel to the mod. Making them more normal AND correctly biased to engine position/weight bias 'has'. This along with better balanced suspension to weight bias, both springs and dampers has improved the feel and perception of grip.

The gte or 2 car is supposed to have stronger aero than a gt3 but this mod has very little and is probably causing the weaving and I seriously doubt has anything at all to do with the force feedback/settings.

I will test this in time as my intention has not been to make the cars lap faster, just 'feel better' as they are quite good in this respect compared to gt3 mods that it should be marginally faster than.
    Anyone trying to run minimal rear wing will experience weaving. Its a mod that likes rear wing. The difference between lowest and highest setting is quite small.

First release mods are usually imperfect. It achieves what it was aimed to do I believe. Its a fun and easy car to drive.
    Keep up the good work guys.

19. klo-che

klo-che Registered

I will write it one last time : you guys have expressed your opinion, thanks for that. You but don't need to express it every 2 hours to say the same things, here you are just spamming the thead telling how much our physics are laking in your opinion, and it becomes unreadable.

If you want to give advices, tips, data's and so, you can contact Mad_King, there is an MP button where us guys will be pleased to discuss with you.

20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think alot of people don't understand what WIP means or don't even read the release logs. Because there you could read that the tires for example are WIP. Besides that, none of the mods that we've seen was perfect right from the start - all of them need work here and there and that's to be expected. From my perspective EnduRacers offered a really good start package, that needs some polishing in some areas as any other mods aswell. There is a difference between giving constructive criticism and writing stuff like: "your work can't be taken seriously" or "your work is an insult" in the same post. Do some of you guys even read what you write and imagine how it sounds for the other guy recieving that message?

I think it is pretty clear by now that the inertia values need another look. But I wouldn't go that far to make such a circus about it and to insult the creators of this mod, who put some good amount of freetime into this baby to offer it for free. They owe you nothing. If you don't enjoy it for the time being - don't use it until they update it - in case that ever happens after some comments here. I mean, I have issues with AC but do I go to the Kunos forum and tell them that I can't take them seriously and that their work is an insult? And I payed a good amount of money for their products.

Back to topic: please keep up with your work and please check the inertia values. It's appreciated by many people. Some just can't find the right words. ;)

baked bean and Garth Buchanan like this.