[WIP] Queensland Raceways Track Pack

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mike Cantwell, May 30, 2012.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

Yeah it's a shame Coops that some don't spend the extra time converting to make use of all the features of rF2, but in time I'm sure they will be done right..

2. BitRusty

BitRusty Registered

Mike, hows this comin along?

Hangin out for some rf2 lakeside park :)

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

7months without any news, so what do you expect?!

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Same here Rusty, I would love to be racing around Lakeside in rF2. One of my favourite tracks.
    Mike was last on the forums about 3 weeks ago, so he hasn't disappeared. :cool:
    I'm not expecting anything GTClub, I will assume though that Mike is a busy man and that track modding may be low on his list of life's priorities at the moment.
    Patience is a virtue!

5. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hi guys. At he moment all work on track has come to a halt due to real work loads and personal stuff. Sorry about this, but it is not dead, just on extended leave.

Mike

6. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Hi everyone,

I have decided to start on QR again as well as Lakeside. Sorry for the delay. last year + was too much at times.

Some feedback would be appreciated whether people would accept a pretty raw Beta or even Alpha version of QR with regular updates to get it up to scratch?

Mesh is done for real road and updated mesh for terrain. I also went to the track a while ago and have lots (as in hundreds) of updated photos of details to build on.

Let me know your thought. Eventually the Lakeside and the QR track will be in one package.

7. Corti

Corti Registered

lol thank you very much for your effort and bring good news.

regards ~ISR~ Corti. ;)

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

@Mikec87 : i would accept a raw beta ;)

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks for update, may be best to put out a beta and then wait awhile to see what comes of the alliance as far as tools to use etc to get a best possible result? I wouldnt mind if you complete and release both Finished tracks as a pack either. Plenty to race in the meantime

Mikec87 likes this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Mike whatever you decide may I suggest you place it on steam workshop only? with the next build of RF2 being steam only it serves no purpose - in my opinion - to use other means of download locations as updating will become pointless, with steam you'll have everyone there and a simple update platform to use.
    Thanks for your continued work and to be cheeky can we get the Club circuit of Queensland too please? :)

Mikec87 likes this.
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Beta in early form is fine if you want feedback from people to shorten your own testing time/effort. It might help to specify what you want us to tell you as you work on various issues. It can be overwhelming to deal with a broad dump of feedback on every possible area.

Mikec87 likes this.
  12. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Hi everyone,

QR is progressing well with the road mesh upgraded for RF2 realroad etc.

Should have a in car video out soon.

Here is a quick look at the 3ds Max screenshot. The fiddly part are the "joiner" track sections. Most of the upgrades will be inside the track walls and later i will be upgrading the outer terrain and buildings etc.

View attachment 20961

13. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Queensland Raceway Clubman.jpg Loading screen for QR Clubman.....

Mauro, bravotangosix, MarcG and 4 others like this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Awesome that's the config I drove on last year, looking forward to it :)

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Looking great Mike

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for your efforts, Mike. That intro screen is a beaut...like the track will be :)

17. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

wip01.JPG Hi everyone. Pretty excited as I have done all the mesh within the walls, both track and terrain with major updates.

So now I am doing the bumps. Using the soft selection seems the best way with the track and terrain joined as one piece. I will separate later for the race surface.

Here is a quick screen grab where I am getting the bumps sorted. The will not be totally laser scan accurate, but the ones people know like the turn 1 entry etc will be there. Watching lots of V8SC footage to get it as best as I can.

Once that is done I will map the grass, pit areas and road and get it up and running in game. I will release it at a bare bones beta track and I hope I can get some help refining the AIW files.

Lakeside is progressing too, with the infield really being difficult to get acceptable. Once that is done it too will be released as a beta to test the AIW.

When we are happy how various mods run, I will then release updates for both tracks with details added each time.

Sorry for the delays, but things are working well now.

MarcG, John, Brack Jabham and 5 others like this.
  18. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Got the mesh done at last. 99% there.

I had a race with the AI and they work well, pitting perfectly too :) Here are some screens.

Next step is to do the road and grass textures, then I will add the walls and gravel traps.

wip02.jpg wip03.jpg wip04.jpg

19. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Great work Mike

20. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Great. TIA