Your favorite GT mod?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by lokidan, Nov 13, 2016.

?

Favorite GT mod

1. Apex GT

26.5%
  2. URD EGT

29.2%
  3. Enduracers Endurance mod

21.1%
  4. Simtek Gt world series

23.2%
  1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

cantfindtheracingline likes this.
  2. Smurth

Smurth Registered

It's really hard to decide between URD and Apex...

URD have a overall excellent quality but cars seem to be sticked to the ground, IMO.
    Apex have very good physics on the half cars and theses cars are very, very fun to drive.

cantfindtheracingline likes this.
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well aren't GT cars nowadays sticked to the ground? Especially when the ones financing it are rich guys with free time?

avenger82 likes this.
  4. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I thought the simtek mod was fantastic. However what is this talk of it being ripped?

Is that why I don't see or hear much about it? I'm out of the loop on that one.

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It is pretty ripped, yeah... AC: 650S, AMG GT Huracan. pCARS: Bentley. RealRacing3: 488 GTE (modified a lot though to become GT3-spec by Simtek) A great release no doubt, it's just not legit.

atomed likes this.
  7. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Damn, what a shame. I guess I missed all that. So Simtek is tarnished now. What a shame, I really enjoyed that mod.

I like the URD mod, but the P1 fuel situation killed it for me. The GT cars feel naked to me. Hard to explain I guess.

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Define "legit"...
    The mod still exists. @gpfan is still here...

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

As in legit enough to be released in here for example. Or Legit as in released as scratch made or converted with permissions.
    It's pretty simple, isn't it? I'm not being righteous about it... It's just not great to not disclose it. There might be leagues that has a legality-policy who might run this in good faith and actually going against their own policy.

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I just cant believe that so many people voted for the Simtek garbage :) Not only its ripped, but its ripped badly, textures are bad, material setups are bad, and worst of all - the physics are disasterous. It should not even be an option to vote for.

Comparing that garbage to URD, Endu and Apex is almost offending.

And Simteks "Professional solutions" on their website is just a cherry on top of cake

Guimengo likes this.
  11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

URD is superior in my book - in every single area. - even though it too has flaws I question the bump-steer (the toe changes over 1 degree through a corner - in each (front) corner so 2 in total - that's not really a rigid chassis or trackbar & A-arm contruction. but that is about the only thing I dislike, not even hate. - oh and the difference in fuel consumption between the aura and darche px1's.
    Apex is second,
    then Endu (wonderful visuals and sounds but the physics - nope),
    then Simtek - mainly the physics let it down for me (something with the cars when they're over the threshold of grip I question), but I'm sure Tiago has his reasons for having done the physics the way he has. I still appreciate his huge effort.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Is it ok to do this if users of the mod legally own the source games, or it is still not legit?

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Lol of course its not, they are literally claiming "Hey here is a mod we made for you, its ours and if you are using it for professional applications, let us know" It is not mod they made is it, its somebody elses work, for a differend sim/game. When you buy a game you own none of its intelectual property.

14. JNRRR

JNRRR Registered

Simtek uses some proper weight-Distribution numbers for their GT-cars. The numbers they use are either the officialy communicated (like for the Bentley, the Lamborghini) or at least very plausible.

Not sure the same can be said for the weight distribution numbers of the URD-Ferrari and especially the URD-Porsche.

The weight-distribution is essential for braking, turn-in-behaviour, cornering or for the traction. It´s the reason why a BMW drives like a BMW and a Porsche like a Porsche.

So please stop talking about physics.

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Not gonna argue with you here, but do not assume that i dont know how cars work. You are defending thiefs here effectivelly. Go for it

LeStrat likes this.
  16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

URD 1st
    Apex GT 2nd
    Stop.

@JNRR you should try the Caterham7 by MikeeCZ before say him to not to talk about physic :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    bravotangosix, LeStrat and Eddy like this.
  17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Behavior of the cars of the apex mod is horrible, does not fit in anything with the specifications of the cars. Weight transfer is exaggerated, it seems like I'm driving a charger 69.

It seems that people are simply not testing the Simtek mod, which is far superior.

18. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I know it’s an old thread,but I disagree about Apex behavior. For instance the Camaro handles similar to official one made by ISI/S397. I think what @ebeninca described is caused by too “agrssive” default setup . In particular brake bias almos evenly distributed. Ttry moving it forward or turning assists like ABS.

19. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The SLS is broken, you cant feel the the car in corner entry.
    The weight transfer of Z4 is bizarre, it's too much.

I've driven GT3 cars in iRacing, assetto Corsa, official studio397 and simtek mod.

I can garantee, the apex is totally different than the others, IMO.

Just take the comparison of studio397 and simtek, How similar they are.

Maybe Apex is using an older tire model, i dont know.

20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

This is against general opinion that Apex has decent physics. They got a lot of help from ISI/S397 physics guys to do it right way. They said:
    "We have used telemetry and as mentioned before about Michael Borda, he provided immense help with his knowledge where ours was lacking or outdated. If you have looked up information on not just mods but the game, you know there have been several changes whilst documentation has not always been up to par. Instead of doing trial and error and guesswork, he stepped in and gave us what we needed. "

I can agree Apex cars handle different that Simtek(less oversteer, much easier to drive) or the ones in AC.
    I didn't compare to GT3 Pack DLC, but have you tried official Camaro GT3? It oversteers and slides even more than Apex cars.