Apex GT3 mod reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Lebeuf, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

Hi guys,

First off, I love this mod and spend most of my time on it. However, I am wondering what the general conscensus is on balance of the mod and the latest version. A couple of us have tested the cars and we sort of felt the Porsche, Ferrari, SLS and Vette were equal, and the fastest of the bunch. The BMW is close, but the understeer hurts it a bit... and the McLaren and Camaro are noticibly slower.

Would love to hear some feedback, as it could very well be a tuning issue. I really like the fact each car is different to drive.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Before, the McLaren and Ferrari were king with the BMW right behind, on pretty much any track. What tracks did you guys run?

3. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

We have only tested at Rouen, but it seems like a fair track for a test. I am not saying for sure it is unbalanced, as I am not the greatest driver either so Im just hoping to get feedback from more seasoned drivers. (such as yourself)

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

The most notable point is that it does not drive in the same way the hardest and adapt the driving, personally I go as fast with the camaro as the porsche!
    For the first time on a mod they have quite a different character, i like :)

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Did you tried the new Simtek GT3 mod?

6. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

Yeah I did try it. I actually like it but some people have issues with the ripped content. So sad because everyone was waiting for this mod from Simtek, now no one talks about it. Beautiful car models.

I prefer Apex over it though.

7. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

Thanks for the input. Glad to see you are having even performance. Ok, you convinced me to try the Camaro and MP4 again.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

To decide if a mod is balanced or not you should test in 3 very different tracks ;)

Emery likes this.
  9. lokidan

lokidan Registered

I use the simtek one, I want to use apex but that fezza in it just doesn't seem right! Has steering angle like a kart. I don't really care if the contents ripped to be fair. I take what I can get as long as it stick to the sims roots, and I think the simtek one is the most balanced gt mods out there. Apex would be the same if they all felt the same ffb and handling wise.

Filip likes this.
  10. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

simtek or urd balanced yes...or instead aseptic
    Do you happen to feel a difference between a ferrari and a mclaren except sound/graph?

11. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I'm doing an offline championship with the Apex, v0.940,
    1st race San Paolo: all the 4 McLaren on the latest 4 position;
    2nd race Monza: same with all the 6 Ferrari in the first 6 positions;
    Next race is Suzuka, i'll post the result.
    ----------------

Ok, same in Suzuka! Ferrari top 5, McLaren latest positions..
    Next track is Hungaroring, a very different track.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  12. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

I did more testing as well. I think the mod is really well done. Some cars are better at certain tracks, and overall the mod is largely even.
    General feeback is that the McLaren is generally off pace, and very few people like the Camaro. All other cars seem pretty even...depending on the track.