New roadmap november 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eddy, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Ah nice :)

I'm wondering how long the free migration to steam lasts, I'm still using the non-steam version and don't really plan on upgrading until we get the new build.

3. TJones

TJones Registered

Nice, but what i miss in the article, are a few words about developement in physics section.
    What about influence of track temperature and wind. What about improvement's of drivetrain (flexing, backlash), more realistic gearshift.
    These are the things i mainly care about. :)

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Really impatient!!

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Stock Car improvements include full course yellow? If yes will it be possible to use with another cars and on road courses (with less sensitive settings and some stuff like GWC off of course, if included)?

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I am glad that studio 397 doesn't reject the DLC financing method. Implementing new things means resources, which means money.

I really prefer an scenario where resources aren't a problem and I am willing to pay for them.

The saving before expending philosophy of ISI implies a very slow pace. If you want to get somewhere, you need to invest and take the risk.

For example not hiring someone to implement VR was a huge strategic error IMO. The increase in number of sold copies, avoiding many simracers migrating to other platforms would have paid off the investment.

7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

We definitely will not end the free migration before the new build is released. We will also announce that well ahead of time.

bravotangosix and Euskotracks like this.
  8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Nice
    Big thanks for the update

Everything you seem to be doing is everything I've been wanting ISI to do,

Chargeable DLC + moders being able to charge will promote high quality (the ISI mods were really good as well as few 3rd party ones so not having a dig)

Happy to contribute for all this wonderful ness !

WiZPER likes this.
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ps was it my historical posts you were reading ? (-:

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Good to hear thanks :)

11. stonec

stonec Registered

If the plan is to release DLC packs as part of stock content, the content delivery rate needs to be significantly boosted compared to what it has been the last year or two. I reckon on average we have got around 1 new ISI-made track and 2 new ISI-made cars per year, which is way too little if you want to keep a profitable DLC business running. On the other hand, Reiza has in the recent couple of months released 4 DLC tracks alone, which shows it's possible to produce content more rapidly even with a small team, so hopefully all this will improve under Studio 397.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  12. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I hope a great project for online race, Iracing THE most effective model for me!!

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think your maths is a little off, RF2 released in 2012 and ISI released way more than 4 tracks in that time looking at the list (I count about 8 or 9, not including 3PA), Cars you've got about right I think.

I agree with you on Reiza, they have shown that a dedicated team who only concentrate solely on their Sim can produce consistent content more quickly, Studio397 have already stated that's their intention too so time will tell if they can get the Content Release Ratio right.

14. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

Thanks for the update!
    Looking forward to all improvements. Since I started to drive with rF2 I cannot drive with iRacing anymore...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  15. McFlex

McFlex Registered

As leagues often use custom mods (cars, skins and tracks) for their series and modifie existing content is there any plan how league admins can handle paid content if they want to use it for their leagues? Or will it be like "use it as it is or don't use it"?

Ernie and Euskotracks like this.
  16. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

@McFlex we are aware of that use case and will try to find a good solution for it.

Ernie, WiZPER, Ivan Baldo and 2 others like this.
  17. BecauseRaceCar

BecauseRaceCar Registered

Any plans to update the older content, such as the 2014 formula reanult 3.5 and nissan 370z gt4?

18. Dmitry Chugrov

Dmitry Chugrov Registered

interesting how many programmers work in studio-397 at the moment? and how quickly is possible start programming in high level on C++ with extensive experience mainly in java. As I read on the Luminis site, they experts in java

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Marcel I think your really onto something here

Rfactor 2 has been ground breaking from the very start but always lacked that extra polish needed,
    I'm mind if suspecting the masses along with leagues etc will surely follow once it's new release

The landscape of racing simulation is about to change

20. yoss

yoss Registered

can we have a explain of these part ??
    Another new feature we would like to announce is support for paid content. It will integrate nicely with our workshop, and modders will also be able to leverage it to sell their creations. Obviously we would like to use this feature to offer you a wide selection of high quality and high profile content. This does not mean that all future content we create will be paid though.
    who can made paid content?
    what about price license?
    what about constructor implication on the process??