no longer able to run rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lasercutter, Nov 9, 2016.

1. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

Earlier today I went to run steam VR and not only did it not work but steam appeared to have had a meltdown and all my games were just listed as steam apps, the decision was made to uninstall steam and start again.
    First bit of advice should you ever do this, back up your mod dev folder as it deletes everything in there (thanks for that) because if you don't then like me you'll lose everything.

Anyway, on to the issue, rF2 has now been downloaded twice and my pc restarted too but I can't use rF2 because it's just sitting there trying to verify matsuzuka (a track I don't even want) and it is stuck at 1%, will not cancel and the only way to shut it down is to end the process.

I don't use steam a lot so I'm not familiar with adding or removing subscriptions or any of it really, in fact I wouldn't have even bothered with using it with rF2 but we have all been rather forced into it, anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

2. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

Ok, managed to figure out how to unsubscribe the track and it appears that everything else is verifying....so a problem with 3ps Matsuzuka then.

3. Donnie

Donnie Registered

Just reboot your PC and retry ... I hat the same problem yesterday ^_^... you'll be able to install the "blocking file" ;)