[REL] Caterham7 Classic 1.4K-Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by MikeeCZ, Nov 8, 2016.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Caterham Classic 1.4L K-series

[​IMG]

There is a long story behind this release, for those who dont care, skip :)

In August 2014 Major_Parts released his rF1 caterham conversion in rF2. One of the first things i said about it was how bad i thought it was, i got in touch with Major_Parts
    and offered him i will improve the graphics of the model. As I worked on the model i fell in love in the car so much i decided to look into physics too.
    The tasks started to pile up and suddenly i have been working on this for the last two years. Let me introduce you fully reworked Caterham 7 which originates
    from the said mod. I dont think there is anything left from the original really, but i am not sure.
    This mod would not be possible if it wasnt for a whole list of people, here are my big thanks to people who all massively contributed, all in their free time only
    based around their love to caterhams and rF2.

MajorParts:
    For endless patience with my moods and loads of knowledge sharing about rF2 modding.

Simon Rogers from Meteor Motorsports:
    Simon is a professional who does caterham suspension for majority of caterham owners in the UK, anybody who owns a caterham knows his name. Simon provided huge
    range of data and information about the suspension of this beast, all for free just as part of his love to caterhams.

[​IMG]
    Titan Motorsport - www.titan.uk.net:
    Tier 1 Supplier to many major car manufacturers for Design, Manufacturing and Assembly services. In particular supplier to Caterham for over 20 years for many suspension, steering, powertrain and transmission components.
    Our model of caterham shipped with open diff and TITAN is a very popular aftermarket choice for a limited slip diff.
    I contacted them requesting their help in pursuit of data, they were more than willing to help, supported me over the time and simply made it very obvious they love these cars as much as I do.
    They have my gratitude for their help without asking anything back for it.

Tim Vanhee:
    Tim has been around this mod since forever. He owns a very similar version and has been providing me with contacts, advices and help over the whole two years. Always quick to reply.
    He also has been the number 1 feedback provider, telling me how and where the mod does not feel quite right. As my Thank you Tim I included your caterhams skin and your helmet in the mod.

Ales Ogrinc from United Racing Design (URD):
    Ales has given me many advices about rF2 modding that i could not otherwise research, never asking anything back for it. Many thanks

Alex Coutie:
    Thank you Alex for rigging and exporting our drivers for us

Cubitz:
    To the best of my knowledge no longer active in sim racing world, thank you for your rF1 mod from which this all started.

Pietro Mangano:
    Priceless help with sounds, provided many samples that ended up in the mod, mostly in modified form. Thank you

Franck Baroni:
    Franck helped putting together what was almost final form of the sounds, Sounds are not easy to come by for free, and everything about this mod is free, so we did our absolute best. Thank you Franck

Speedy12:
    Walking car encyclopedia, very busy person yet still finding huge amounts of time to help me with this car. Never asking anything back for it. You have my never ending gratitude.

About this car:

This is entry level Caterham 7 Classic edition 1.4 K-series.

As stock it comes with open differential, street tyres and 5 speed manualy H-pattern gearbox.
    We have included some upgrades to this baby, the most significant one is the limited slip differential. The LSD makes the car faster around the track, but not neccessairly more fun. That is to anybodys preference.
    You should almost treat it as two completely differend cars, one with open diff and one with LSD. So make sure you use differend setups for it.

The engine is humble inline 4 with peak 105HP and 128Nm of torque. This is not a dragster for sure. You will notice significant drag and with it also significant slip stream effect. Its a lot of fun close racing on these.

This car does not have any aids, no ABS, no Traction control, no auto blipping, nothing. Its all down to you. Its very lightweight and as such its quite
    sensitive to setup changes, your over/understeer balance is mostly tweaked by adjusting the rake (front to rear ride height) but there are more means you can play around with.

I hope you enjoy it

Download:
    Can be found on Steam workshop, for non-steam users:
    Link

Skin Templates

MikeeCZ

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Thanks to everyone involved! I've been hoping for this for a long time.

bravotangosix likes this.
  3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

@MikeeCZ great introduction of this mod and yes i did care so read it all ;)
    Thank you very much for all your work on this, i'm off to my rig now and subscribe to the mod in steam workshop.
    Will edit this post with what i think about it if that's all right with you

edit: Drive-ability great :cool:
    FFB great :cool:
    visual representation great :cool:

Joking aside the car feels very believeable and is very much fun to drive. AI's are great (i know depends on track)
    But and this is a big BUT, you could have told us we have to wash the car after every race o_O where other mods stay showroom clean this on is picking up dust and marbels like it is his hobby :p:D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Paul Swire and bravotangosix like this.
  4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

yeah nice!

thanks for work! :)

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Merci !!

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Thanks! A must have car in RF2 :)

7. philman

philman Registered

Congratulations and many thanks.

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

my first post edited ;)

9. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Thank you, this should be fun.

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Awesome, Thanks MikeeCV and everyone involved. :cool:

11. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

This is the news I've been waiting for ever since rF2 was announced :)

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Thanks for the feedback, im glad you enjoy it.

By that you mean that its gathering dirt too quickly? It should take aproximatelly 25min from clean to fully dirted up, caterham races usually dont last much longer than that. But i am not sure if the timing will not be differend on other PCs because rF2 doesnt give you very good control over the rate and it could possiblty vary with FPS, not sure

Thanks everybody for positive words!

pkelly and Seven Smiles like this.
  13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Ohw sorry no i don't mean it's gathering dirt too quickly, i just love the fact it's gathering dirt :cool: it was just my Dutch way of trying to be funny and give compliment :oops::confused:
    fyi i did a 20 lap race and the dirt build up was just like one would expect even the windscreen get's some dirt. afaik only URD did give this a go with the LMP1 cough nissan cough
    Downside is the AI cars all stay nice and clean but i think that's not mod related but sim related.

14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Oh, thanks, great.
    Yes when i saw that URD can do it, i had to have it too :p

Ernie likes this.
  15. tjc

tjc Registered

Well done Mikee. Many thanks to you and all involved. :)

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Awesome work, thanks for bringing this car to the sim.

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Congratulations, the real thing is a fun car on a track day, this mod recreates this very well, pure driving bliss. I thought I would just try a few laps, but after each stint I wanted one more go.
    Excellent driving school, less punishing than a Skippy.
    Dust off your manual shifter, and go for it.
    Thanks to all the people involved, cheers.

yoss and MaD_King like this.
  18. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Finally some Caterhams in rF2. Many thanks.
    Will try out the car the next days.

19. DavidG

DavidG Registered

This is a fabulous mod Mikee, one of the best yet for rF2. The quality of every aspect of the mod is outstanding. It really should be a 3PA car. Thank you so much.

yoss likes this.
  20. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Thank you!