What we "DON'T" want Studio 397 to do

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jerrymcc, Sep 23, 2016.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

iRacing first DX11 build looked basically identical compared to the DX9 build in side-by-side video comparisons, the only difference was in performance, which would suggest the shaders etc. of the content were more or less the same in both modes.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Also, people commenting here over the last few years who did know what they were talking about pointed out Dx11 isn't guaranteed to look any different from Dx9. Unless the Dx interface was for some reason completely rewritten to achieve the same output, I'd say there isn't much if any change needed for content (and I feel like I've read Dx11 is more about backend enhancements, with early adopters [games] actually having reduced performance because they 'threw in' stuff like tessellation just for the sake of it instead of carefully using it where it made sense only. That's probably less an issue these days, especially in comparisons, because now cards are geared toward Dx11/12 and may somehow favour the technologies introduced lately rather than the base stuff dx9 is limited to - but that's purely speculation on my part).

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I have iRacing and DX11 gives me better FPS(+-90), better draw distance, no annoying stutters/micro stutters. DX9 and DX11 looks identical.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The FPS gain alone is worth it as they can go for more detailed stuff and increase the immersion, this is not only about eye candy

5. rer8

rer8 Registered

If you have in mind a monthly fee to play I will not PlAY.

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. lokidan

lokidan Registered

just add new cars without updating all cars.

So called hardcore sim racers on about gfx dx bs! Keep the same gfx for all I care, I want the technical stuff fixed. visually all I want is rain effects.

7. Azril Nazli Alias

Azril Nazli Alias Registered

when I fired up rF2, the only track that really works for me with my Multiview is Sepang. Then when I load SCES Road America, it start stuttering.

I really need the FPS for multiview. No problem in iRacing , but stuttering in rF2 is really affecting my eyes.

8230fx
    970gtx
    8GB ram

8. Azril Nazli Alias

Azril Nazli Alias Registered

Ahh another one, Dedicated server in Linux please like AC :D

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Unlikely in the next time, because the base was never written to run inside of linux. You can run the server in linux using wine for now. It might work headless without any window. This is something which might be more realistic to get support for.

Not sure if any official people responded here in this 9 page long thread, havent read all so far.
    But you should know that the new owner is a simracer himself. Just spend some trust, you will not regret.