rFactor 2 Armed with a BIG Announcement for Simracing Expo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magus, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

NEWSSSSSSS !

exciting !

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Nope. Don't think so. ;-)

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

A licensed series game, IndyCar? :D (tho if this one a better looking graphic and more recent DX is a must, can't try to sell stuff to mainstream market with rF2 looks)

rF2 end of life and the birth of rF3 as a complete game rather than a platform? :p

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

My guesses:

- Weather updates/rain on windscreen
    - Paid DLC as this has been hinted at before
    - New Licence/s to go with above
    - Crowd funding for "not RF3" or whatever the next title may be

But notice the Logo change, if it was "not RF3" then I doubt they'd go through the effort of re-branding RF2...could be wrong though!

Either way when one of your favourite sims sends out a little hype then you can't but help to get excited, just remember to not get too carried away or your own hype will let you down when it's announced :p

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

hmm didn't notice the new logo xDD then I guess some bigger updates are coming

7. Magus

Magus Registered

With Ronnie's response I'd like to add new 3PA content, will be EnduRacers Endurance Series Mod &/or Apex.

:D

8. TJones

TJones Registered

I shall be there on Saturday. Let's see. :)

9. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

Me2! [emoji2]

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm guessing a "separate" RF2-based game, based on a series (probably IndyCar)

edit: Interesting that it seems to be "rFactor 2 announcement" and not "ISI announcement". DLC I'm guessing then

e: the blue in the new logo looks very similar to the colour of the Formula E logo. Oh please be something more interesting

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  11. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Since this is all only guessing, what about ISI subcontracting the management of RF2, so they can concentrate on gaming engines and other stuff? Let the speculation begin!

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Hope it's not something related to that $1 milion Formula E thing, it smells like bs to me and anyway FE is boring >_<

13. lukilord1

lukilord1 Registered

I'd appreciate formula e a lot and it might be possible as the huge sim event is going on there. It might add new mechanics for electric engine calculations including hybrid stuff.

Gesendet von meinem LG-K520 mit Tapatalk

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

RF2 Twitter account re-tweeting someone saying "big and unexpected" but the RF2 Facebook page already has the Formula E vegas thing announced yesterday.

The colour thing is either a master troll or its definitely related to Formula E

15. Depco

Depco Registered

The logo kind of reminds me of the way the 3d video used to like when you used the red and blue glasses.

16. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Who needs to by $600 VR goggles when you can have the red and blue glasses!

As for my thoughts and speculation, I think it would be an Indycar based game/ expansion pack. Similar to Race 07 and that series of games/expansions. If you don't own rF2, it is its separate game. If you have rF2, it is able to integrate with rF2. Pretty sure it will be pay DLC based on Gjon's RD interview a few months back.

Reasons for this is the preview of the USF2000, and I think that was the reason URD never converted their AC Indycar and Indy Lites mod. We've never heard of anything of their Indy Classics addon ('95 Reynard, '68 Eagle, '83 March, a few others). So IMS and ISI have talked in the past.

A DX10/11/12 version of rF2 would be on my wish list, but I think is possible at this point.

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

18. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

This is fantastic news. I can't remember ISI announcing anything with any sort of fanfare since before rF2 was released - the historic car/track videos. I'm looking forward to the weekend even more than usual now....

[​IMG]

19. dylbie

dylbie Registered

If they get all of our attention with a massive fanfare and then tell us we'll have to pay for all our content like AC and PC, I'm actually going to self harm! Same if they announce a Formula E mod. Road to Indycar sounds pretty cool though.

But I've said all along... Get rF2 to a newer DX11/12 and it will kill all competition. Make rF2 a good looking sim and it will make their competitors look like amateurs.

20. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered