Logitech G920 problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Tom, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Tom

Tom Registered

Just had a Win 10 computer put together for me and now my Logitech G920 is not being recognized. It was fine on my old machine and running Win 7. The unit goes through the usual steering wheel rotation at startup and the power light is lit. I've tried it in 6 different working USB ports with the same result...restarting computer each time. When I try to execute the Logitech Firmware for it I get a message that says, "Please connect your device to continue" and then behind that (when I close it) is a screen that says, "No device detected." Hopefully, someone can help me out.

Specs....Intel i5-4460 Quad Core 3.20 GHz, GeForce 760 GTX, MSI B85M-E45/16g DDR3 ram

Thanks for the help!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is it a new PC with Win10? It's not an upgrade from Win7?

Are you running the 64 bit drivers, assuming it's 64 bit Win10?

3. Tom

Tom Registered

Yes, this is a newly built system with a fresh Win 10 64 bit install.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And you have the 64 bit drivers from Logitech?

5. Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett Registered

6. Tom

Tom Registered

Thanks for the help, everyone. Apparently the G920 won't work in USB 3.0 slots (my older DFP GT works just fine!)so I'll be taking the computer back tomorrow to have a different motherboard put into it. I guess it's either that or wait for Logitech to come up with a fix.....and judging from the lack of interest shown from their support I'll go the replaced motherboard route.

7. Tom

Tom Registered

Well, I've confused this a bit so let me try again. I do indeed have USB 2.0 ports and the G920 is connected to one. At startup the wheel goes through it's left and right rotation. When I try to get the updated Logitech software (96.3.49.35) the screen that comes up tells me to connect the device. Well, the device is already connected....I've tried it with the wheel disconnected and then connected when instructed. Same result no matter what.....nothing. There is no highlighted 'continue' or 'next' button, only one that says 'close' Since this wheel worked just fine on my old Win 7 computer I'm wondering if perhaps it just ain't gonna work with Win 10. Is that a possibility? The funny thing is that my previous wheel (Logitech DFP GT,which I kept) works on this computer.

Thanks again.

8. Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's a 5MB download at Logitech for the wheel firmware, which is version 96.3.49. Then there's the Logitech Gaming Software which is version 8.87.116. Do you have the LGS installed?

*The firmware exe is 96.3.49.35 as you said; the LGS you want should be the x64 version (94 MB).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Garth Buchanan

Garth Buchanan Registered

I had a strange issue with my new motherboard USB and Win10 with G25. The fix was to use a powered USB hub. The hub plugged into a USB 2 on the mother board the the G25 into the hub.

11. Tom

Tom Registered

Thanks Lazza, that was my problem, LGS_8.87.116_x64_logitech.exe. I appreciate everyone's help.....cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2016