Graphics issue R9 2xx

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by stobe84, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

How many AI`s you`re using?

I would try to uninstall the AMD driver with DDU (in windows safe mode) and reinstall the latest AMD driver

But TBH, i`m using on a second test system a RX470 with 4GB VRAM. Even i`m selecting just 5 AI and most gfx settings on middle, i get a stuttering, too.

2. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Thanks, that's a good advice. Have to try that. Also, is there a way to completely re install DX? Delete all the old files.

I JUST found from windows experience viewer that I have conflicting drivers for sleep mode. That happened to be Radeon HD 5700 driver, my old card. So I have old files from old drivers that might interfere, that could be the problem.

I have 3 AI's, Shouldn't be a problem. That stuttering thing I have to check after I get the graphics to work in general.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah it doesn't report correct always, but never seen anything as low as 461 MB either. Sounds like a GPU driver issue to me.

4. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Good point now that you mention it. It shouldn't be that low.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

As rF2 shows the wrong values on my both system, wich are Nvidia and AMD, i would more believe into a rF2 bug...

6. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok any advice?

I deleted all drivers with DDU and again just in case un installed RF2 demo.

Now that I booted the computer and went to AMD site and downloaded the driver auto detect program, it claims that I have HD 7xxx series card. Should I get those drivers or the R9 2xx series drivers which are supposed to be correct? Do 7xxx series drivers work with my card too?

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Forget the auto detection, grab the right driver from the list...

8. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok, reinstalled drivers and the sim and same thing again. Nothing changed. Is there a way to fix the Vram detection? They said I have to change lines like "VRAM=" in config.ini but there are no lines like that, can I add them there? I tried that too earlier but it doesn't work, it still detects only under 512 vram.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess this is just a visual bug, rF2 is using the available VRAM.

Just in case you`ve forgotten your own posting:

//Edit:

I made some tests to give you a roughly idea, whats going, when rF2 is running.

The values are from the whole system, incld. all processes. But while testing there was just skype, gpuz, task manager and notepad++ opened. Pure idle would be something around 3.6 GB RAM and ~ 120 MB VRAM usage on my system. Idle with the above proggies is VRAM 125 MB and RAM 3.85 GB.

Idle: VRAM 125 MB, RAM 3.68 GB
    rF2 Launcher started: VRAM 470 MB, RAM 4.14 GB
    Track loaded (SaoPaulo, with 15 AI): VRAM 1.702 GB, RAM 6.02 GB

excluding other processes launcher started: VRAM 345 MB, RAM 290 MB
    excluding other processes track loaded: VRAM 1.57 GB, RAM 2.15 GB

View attachment 20781

//Edit2:

With just 5 Ai it wents down a little bit:

VRAM track loaded: 1.21 GB
    RAM track loaded: 5.85 GB

excluding other processes track loaded: VRAM 1.08 GB, RAM 2.02 GB

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Thanks Juergen, you have went through a lot of trouble to help. I want to post these;
    This is my processor and ram that failed to post earlier for some reason

View attachment 20788

And this is how the sim looks like

View attachment 20789

The ram it uses during gameplay is fine, but as you said ram usage spikes apparently at those points you mentioned, I have to test this. If the ram goes full at any point then that has to be the issue.
    What is weird though is that it crashes sometimes and says Atiumdag.dll is at fault.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This could be a note pointing to some hardware problem of the gfx card...could. I had similar problems (Atiumdag.dll). After getting the same problems after build in the AMD card into another system, i replaced the gfx card. But tbh, i have no clue, if the demo is working as the full version...

12. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Atiumdag.dll is one of the 2 AMD video drivers. AMD is quite good in that you can run "any" video driver version by placing them in the game exe folder and they will be used over even the latest intalled version.

https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!l4FjhA7R Makes it easy to problem solve