Graphics issue R9 2xx

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by stobe84, Sep 8, 2016.

1. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok, I'm still having same issues, I would like ISI staff to help me. I had problems with my last Ati card and they were as follows;
    The track is invisible, cars render fine. just some things are visible, most trackside objects are not. I can't drive like this.

I have tried everything imaginable, taking out one ram stick, I bought a new graphics card (R9 280x). My PC meets the minimum requirements so it's not that.

core i5 4570, R9 280X, 4gb ram, everything is fine. Some could say ram is low but it shouldn't be a problem.

One off topic thing, the "Series" menu doesn't have any series, I can only choose "all" or nothing, the menus are dead too. For example, if I press any of the two buttons that are orange, the menu that pops up is empty. Is this normal? I can just select a car from the vehicle menu.

Someone give me ideas what to do.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Clean rF2 install? Clear out and reinstall graphics drivers?

3. stonec

stonec Registered

The recommended RAM is 8 GB for rF2. Yeah it should run on 4 GB, but I have seen people on low RAM running into all kinds of problems with rF2. One reason is because it's DX9, which means it has to duplicate GPU VRAM into main RAM. In other words, rF2 can easily need twice as much RAM as a DX11 sim. So I suggest you to do a test and run on minimum opponent, texture and circuit detail, and see if that helps any. If it doesn't run on minimum settings either, then it's not a RAM issue.

4. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Thanks guys but I have tried all that. I'm referring to this thread. Exactly same problem still;

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26521-Trouble-running-the-game-build-1008-(Graphics)

RAM might be the problem but maybe not, I just tried to run on minimum setting on short track and the track was invisible again.

So should there be anything under the Series menu? Should I be able to select series from there?

Also, in Mod manager in 32 folder, no components are installed, so I installed them just to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't. Should they be installed? In launcher everything is installed.

5. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

This is my config file;

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
    [COMPONENTS]
    LanguagesFile=GAME.DIC
    ObjDetail=3
    TexDetail=3
    VideoGUID=D7B71EE2-24D8-11CF-3176-0C10BEC2C535
    VideoDriver=0
    VideoMode=1
    VideoRefresh=0
    WindowedMode=1
    Borderless=0
    RunBenchmarks=0
    FSAA=0
    VSync=0
    UsePostFX=0
    GFXSafeMode=0 // 1=fallback to LDR mode, you must manually clear shader cache
    ShaderLevel=0
    SubViews=0
    UseSubViewParams=1
    ViewParams=(0.540, 0.340, 0.600, 15.000, 0.037) // screen width (m), screen height (m), eye distance (m), side angle (deg), bezel gap (m)
    LeftView=(0.540, 0.340, 0.600, 15.000, 0.037)
    RightView=(0.540, 0.340, 0.600, 15.000, 0.037)
    WidescreenUI=0
    WidescreenUIWidth=-1
    WidescreenHUD=1
    CustomVidRes=(0, 0)
    MinimumVidRes=(800, 600)
    MaximumVidRes=(99999, 99999)

[INSTALL]
    InstallFrom=
    InstallTo=

[AUTOLAUNCH]
    Mode=Off
    LaunchTime=600

[VERSION]
    Version=-1.000000

Is there anything wrong with it? SystemRAM= and VideoRAM= are missing for some reason and
    that's a new issue but I don't think it has anything to do with the problem I have. It is
    still the same problem as in the earlier post I made.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Sounds like you need to do a fresh rF2 installation (including deleting everything rF2 in program files and username/documents folders) and possibly a fresh GPU driver installation. At least the broken menus part sound to me as if the installation is corrupt.

7. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

What Should be in the series part? Should I be able to choose series? How can I get uncorrupt version if this one is corrupt? This has happened to me every installation so it shouldn't be a problem.
    I install everything in my games folder and leave all the things after that default, so core and data destination is default in the games folder.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

In Steam version you have series available, in non-Steam it's empty by default unless you have created a mod with MAS2 tool. But most of us use All Tracks & Cars always, series are only needed for online.

9. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok so there is nothing buggy there. It is empty. If you have non steam version, click off the orange buttons and click on other places, that opens empty list, which looks buggy but apparently isn't. It is empty but still gives a list.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Delete and do a fresh install via steam! Jeeez

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe your ModManager point to the wrong folder.

12. uklad

uklad Registered

I was having all sorts of strange issues like this when I switched to the steam version in the end I found the overlays where enabled in the MSI gaming app might help you ?

13. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

View attachment 20777

Ok, it looks like this when I try to put better graphics on, it works fine enough with low graphics but it has stutter in malaysia on certain parts of the track.
    In the picture the game stutters like crazy all the time.

Mod manager had a wrong folder for whatever reason. It was slightly off, it said /rFactor2 instead of /Rfactor 2 (there is a space in the right one before 2) But fixing that didn't do anything.

Uklad can you explain more clearly? I need to do something about overlays? I need to get some app? It seems to me some Nvidia thing and I don't have that, I have AMD R9 2xx series card as mentioned.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

you must change the working dir and the packages dir...

15. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

As i said I did it, that's not the issue.

Ok, so I found out that the stuttering is caused by track details, it only works well on low for some reason, all other graphics can be high.
    there are some graphic problems though, shadows don't work, and reflections. There is no sun at all either.

Is this familiar to anyone?

Does the account remember my GJON files, meaning are they from very old times? When I installed the game it had default files, but when I logged in it updated the files to what I had previously? Is that possibility?

16. stonec

stonec Registered

It sounds to me like some software issue with GPU drivers or DirectX. Can you take a screenshot of "Video Settings" config? (the one you get when you open rF2 launcher and go to settings).

17. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok, I uninstalled RF2, deleted RF2 folder. Booted system, installed the demo in default locations (program files and my documents). It crashes now with certain graphics settings.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: rFactor2.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.9.8
    Application Timestamp: 574e4cce
    Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll
    Fault Module Version: 21.19.134.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 57d01ea6
    Exception Code: c00000fd
    Exception Offset: 000545dc
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1035
    Additional Information 1: 9367
    Additional Information 2: 9367d4356593724748baaa60f43e36dd
    Additional Information 3: a9d6
    Additional Information 4: a9d638c6652ad94d48397de96188cbaa

Something to do with graphics and DX maybe, it says Atiumdag.dll is at fault.

The demo suffers from exact same issues, No sun, track invisible under high settings, same crap all over again.

Here is the config. It has nothing interesting in there.

View attachment 20778

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah nothing interesting apart from one thing. The reported GPU VRAM says 461 MB. This might explain some of the issues, since if rF2 can only use 461 MB it would have big problems to load all track details to GPU. The average track in rF2 uses something like 1 GB VRAM.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

rF2 isn`t able to show the correct amount of VRAM, but it never does use only 461 MB?

View attachment 20779

20. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

At least GPU-Z says to me that it uses over 1 gig vram. It still could be at fault though...

One odd thing is that GPU usage drops whenever stuttering starts.

What do I do now? Starts to really frustrate me.