One AI car much quicker than all other AI cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by V12_Ben, Sep 3, 2016.

1. V12_Ben

V12_Ben Registered

Hi All,

I'm having issues with the speed of the AI. It seems that one of the AI cars will always be 1.5 seconds quicker than the rest of the AI cars.

I've changed the AI strength and the AI limiter and the situation stays the same.

I'm using carrera.4's 1988 Monza with the ASR 1991 cars and have been changing the AI speed between 100 and 120%. I'm using the same setup for all of the cars and the track is dry.

For example with the AI strength at 120% all of the AI cars are too slow apart from one AI car which will be too fast. I have tried many AI limiter settings between 0% and 100%.

The car that is too fast will always be too fast e.g. one session Nigel Mansell may be 1.5 seconds quicker, the next Alain Prost may be 1.5 seconds quicker.

Anyone got any ideas? I've checked through the player.json but cannot find anything relating to this. I've also used the search function but couldn't find anything touching on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2016
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Propably a fault with the talent file. He forgot to assign a talent to one driver.
    Nothing you can do about it without repack. Just kick (boot) him when he occurs on track.
    Edit: or make a vmod, without this driver. Or make a new driver for this skin (should work without a new skin? Dont know exactly).

3. V12_Ben

V12_Ben Registered

Thanks for the reply. I was actually hoping to make all the other AI cars as quick as the one which is 1.5 seconds quicker as they are still too slow at 120% strength, but the one AI car will be too fast at 120%. As I say the fastest AI car will always be a different driver for each session.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2016
  4. kevib1

kevib1 Registered

I regularly find that the leader (ai) disappears up the road by up to 2 seconds with most mods and at any track. I have always assumed it is because he isn't spending any time tripping over the car infront which is something the ai appear to do very well! I often find as the race progresses 2nd and 3rd may also distance themselves.
    The exception to this is things like the Clio's that can bang doors and don't spin at the slightest touch, thus the ai don't trip each other up so much.

To make all the cars faster, I find a small field helps and make sure you give plenty of time for all the field to qualify so they are in order and not squabbling to much in the first few laps. Other than that, set the speed up for the rest of the field and aim to finish 2nd with a fun race and ignore the one that gets away! Winning isn't everything :)

5. V12_Ben

V12_Ben Registered

I understand what you mean kevib1, I agree that small fields can make a better race with the AI.

This doesn't only occur with the race at this track though - if I run a practice session one car will still be way faster than the rest, and this is when all the cars are well spread out, not driving in packs.

Currently I can't race the AI at this track because the AI are always too slow apart from one car. I don't care about winning against the AI, just want some good close racing and the AI are fairly good here i.e not braking in the wrong places, they are just too slow apart from the one car.

I'd like the rest of the cars to be as quick as one that is too quick, then I can just dial down the AI strength a bit.