real ERS in rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by doberk, Aug 30, 2016.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 doesn't do ERS.

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Yet

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If this keeps up, everyone will be needing a wheel with about a dozen knobs, dials, buttons, toggles.
    All I want to do is take the boost and assign it to the clutch pedal. Then A chaparral 2c or d or e could be modded for a proper late 1960's Can Am. Add 300 lbs more downforce than the non-winged cars and use the boost to overcome the additional drag. Hold the pedal down on the straights, let it go on the corners. Of course that would encourage cheaters who would drive the entire lap with the extra boost. So some rule would have to be enabled like the drs rules. Once all that is done, paint the car white, add some numbers and a nice tall rear wing. Project done!

5. doberk

doberk Registered

Oh, it is a shame. But maybe rf2 may have it in the future. rfactor 1 didn´t have DRS at the begining...

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, yeah, but I think with rF2 we've learnt not to look forward to things too much... better to just wait and be happy when they arrive :)

rF1 still doesn't have it by itself, but people have added DRS, KERS, adjustable front wings, 'boost' of various sorts, plus more advanced stuff like weather etc. I don't know whether it's similarly possible to do the same in rF2 (and it's a discussion area that I think ISI would understandably prefer not to have on their own forums, at least), but the longer we go without and especially if/when rF2 development appears to be winding up we'll probably find out what is possible.

But it has been mentioned in the past, getting a modern era F1 car, so we'll see.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Well I have that type of wheel so am good to go.

8. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I hope (and suspect :) ) you know something we don't Ronnie. ERS systems really are needed for LMP1 cars.

9. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I had a request to implement an "ERS" plugin for rF2 for an F1 league. I built and gave them the plugin but never heard back from them.

Basically it kept track of the boost used during a race and displayed a percentage. Going over 100% would mean disqualification. I could dig out the details or even publish the plugin if anybody is interested.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That sounds interesting. Please look around and see if you can rediscover that plugin. While you are at it...can you write a plug-in that covers up all my driving mistakes?

11. doberk

doberk Registered

Yes, I know that DRS in rF1 is provided by a third party plugin. That is what I meant, maybe somebody can create a plugin to implement this feature.

It sounds good. I am interested in test your plugin if you share it :)

12. Gaboni

Gaboni Registered

How do you get the engine boost in the plugin? I've been searching in the Internals Plugin header, but I didn't found any way to get these values...

Thank you!