JOB VACANCY (Virtual Racer)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harruman, Aug 8, 2016.

1. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I think there's a big difference between what laws are in different countries, and also what people expect.

In England, as Marc said, you'd be in deep sh1t for writing an advert like that. Yes, sure, you may not want to have someone with a mental disability but you cannot make that clear in an advert. There was a famous case here (actually I don't know if it was fake or not) of an advert for an air traffic controller with an option to use braille to view the advert. This makes the law clear that you can't write: Air Traffic Controller wanted, but not if you're blind!

Anyway, is the OP some kind of joke? Are we all now suddenly gonna start getting paid for sim racing? Can I quit my day job?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Then you need to read this:
    http://hiring.monster.co.uk/hr/hr-b...an-i-avoid-discrimination-in-job-adverts.aspx

especially this line:
    "It's important for all businesses to ensure disabled candidates have as many opportunities to join their company as anybody else"

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This from the UK Government website:

2. Discrimination during recruitment
    Discrimination in job adverts

You must not state or imply in a job advert that you’ll discriminate against anyone. This includes saying that you aren’t able to cater for workers with a disability.

Only use phrases like ‘recent graduate’ or ‘highly experienced’ when these are actual requirements of the job. Otherwise you could discriminate against younger or older people who might not have had the opportunity to get qualifications.

Where you advertise might cause indirect discrimination - for example, advertising only in men’s magazines.

https://www.gov.uk/employer-preventing-discrimination/recruitment

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

If it's the law, however hypocritical it may seem, it's the law, indeed..
    For a truckdriver however, you know a blind person is never going to get hired, everybody knows it, but you can't actually say it. Weird :)

5. Promag

Promag Registered

Because it's been a fine line legislating morality without infringement of civil liberties, but a dance that must continue.:)

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm so glad I'm not the one balancing on that slackline, that's for sure...

7. Emery

Emery Registered

You could easily be legally blind and not fit for a driver's license, yet still have the visual acuity to race in a sim. Simracing and real life are two different realms when it comes to "able-bodied".

As for mental problems... well, one man's nightmare is another man's wet dream. The real question is whether the applicant can get along with their fellows and not take on destructive behaviors. Mental health has some bearing on this, but it's not a guarantee as every mind has different breaking points. Testosterone levels are more likely to be relevant than outright mental health (see BBC series "Secrets of the Sexes", Episode 1, about 25 minutes for the kart racing).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Is this some sort of "Nigeria Letter" in sim-mode ? :D

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

It reads like a VirtualR troll post

10. dylbie

dylbie Registered

"Gooood afternoon sir! Do you want to get paid for Sim Racing! All we need is your sort code and bank account number so we can transfer the monies into your account!"

[​IMG]

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Its a serious post from an Indonesian sim team.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

League of Legends and Counter Strike players are getting payed so why not simracers.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

better to not apply if you are not fitting criteria than be told after you apply that you don't fit criteria,

14. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

All job descriptions are soon gunna end up a 20 page legal document when the ops few lines are perfectly explanatory, because the world is becoming a bunch of litigious Ars$%%@&^%s. Common sense should prevail, not ridicule for its own sake.

15. harruman

harruman Registered

Don't get me wrong guys, i mean physical disease is not about dissabilities or different abilities, but about infectious diseases (maybe because my english is not good)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
  16. harruman

harruman Registered

Don't get me wrong guys, i mean physical disease is not about dissabilities or different abilities, but about infectious diseases (maybe because my english is not good)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  17. Minibull

Minibull Member

...won't the racer be racing from their own place? What is going on here?? XD

18. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

[​IMG]

They are probably racing those cars and are afraid someone could transmit a disease after using the chrome horn :confused:

19. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

^^^ A fine example of the beautiful cars in that class. :p

20. harruman

harruman Registered

because we are not only online, off line too, what's wrong with you? XD