milwaukee mile

Discussion in 'Locations' started by maxrod, Aug 4, 2016.

1. maxrod

maxrod Registered

2. faasda01

faasda01 Registered

Is this on Steam Workshop?

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Nice work, I like the stuff outside the oval as it gives it atmosphere. Had a go with the Indy roadsters, but that 30 mph pit speed limit is even uglier than my roadster driving.

4. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Thanks. :)

5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

6. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

7. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Has anybody else noticed an issue with the AI entering and exiting the pits?

8. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I have noticed the AI issue as well.

I've only had time to take a few laps here and it is a really good track. Very well made. Maxrod, are you the maker of this track? There are a few suggestions I can add as I've been to a quite a few races there. Mainly its just track side stuff.

The Wisconsin State Fair archway is visible from the track (seen far right side of the Indy Car pic.

View attachment 20633
    View attachment 20634

This site has some really good reference of the iRacing version, which from those shots, look spot on. The sandy area that is just above the backstreatch on the first pic is used as parking on race day. The track is right next to a neighborhood, so all the houses in the other two pics are as it should be.

http://www.monkeyseemonkeydo.com/irace07.html

I can't remember what all is on the north side of the track, but Google maps is a friend :)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...f0e168cd0abb79b!8m2!3d43.0204049!4d-88.012838

Not sure if there are any updates that are planned, but this is a great addition to the rF2 library.

9. maxrod

maxrod Registered

Yes I built the track, Have not played it after I packed it but If there is a big interest in this track I may release a update, I started to build the track as a quick build but it became more then that as anyone who has built a track will know that the work is extensive and can take some time and effort to get it to a high standard, It was all built using pictures and video footage as I live in the UK and have never been to this place, But as I say if the interest is there and people keep giving feed back then yes I could make the changes,
    First can you please give a bit more info on the AI issue and then I can start there?
    The Wisconsin state fair archway is there but I don't know if it Is visible enough please let me know?
    It will be hard to get it to the standard that iRacing has as they have more then one person working on there tracks.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

There is always interest in a quality-built track.

I would suggest not aiming at iRacing as your standard, but rather to concentrate on the elements that will make it a unique rF2 experience. Which is to say that iRacing can be a reference (and reality is better). Incremental improvements go a long way: add a detail here, improve graphics there, and insert effects for immersion.

Items like the Wisconsin State Fair archway are great. Since it's so far away, you don't need a high polygon count.

11. Chris Lesperance

Glad to hear Maxrod! As Emery said, iRacing to be used as reference, not as a benchmark of detail. I'll see if I can dig around a little bit to get more reference for you.

As for the AI, it has been a while since I've driven it. But I believe it does a "jerk" when the cars join the pit lane line. It slows them down when they join the racing line, and will crash into you if you happen to be there.

12. craigstys

craigstys Registered

Cheers for your hard work and release of my hometown track. My Dad took me as a kid in the 70's in it's heyday and go there all the time. I may have seen the last IndyCar race there in 2015. Many stories of corrupt management even recently are going to be it's end game soon.

I am going to drive the actual track in a real Stock Car as part of the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience in a few days. They seem to be the only folks really using this place anymore. That being said, I may be one of the last few people to drive on this historic track. That just blows my mind!

I'm using your track and RF2 Stock Cars for sim practice before this event. Well done!

13. Chris Lesperance

Is that the current status of it? I live in Green Bay. It's been a while since I've last heard of any news.

14. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Thanks for the track! I've been to this track MANY times, I live in a suburb of Milwaukee. I've seen Indy/CART - NASCAR - ASA stock cars, midgets, and even a "dirt" race (before paving, PIC) WAY back in the day (first time as a youngster with my uncle). It's a flat and wide track that, if the teams get the setup right, creates competitive close racing.

View attachment 20725

15. craigstys

craigstys Registered

Just car shows like Car Craft and renting out track days to car clubs. Savethemile.org is a greaty place ro catch up on current news. Let's hope it gets better.

So, my two cents on this track. RF2 Stock Cars with the short track forced setups. I made the AI auto learn the track and run them at 119 difficulty, 30 agression and zero limiter. G27, in-game FFB multi 1.02 smoothing 9. Rear brake bias 49.0.

Just under 30 seconds per lap is possible and the cars are a blast to throw around it.

P.S. I remember Fuzzy Fassbender in his dirt track days racing tracks at Beaver Dam and Slinger, WI in the early 70's.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2016
  16. machine

machine Registered

Great to see another oval hit the block. I just finished New Hampshire. This is another 1 mile that is awesome in IndyCars. Can't wait to give it a run. Sad to hear it looks like it's dying.

17. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Hmm... if it is dying it may be the last opportunities to take pictures / references ? If anyone has the occasion, it may help keep it alive in our virtual world.

18. craigstys

craigstys Registered

I am bringing the camera to my track day this weekend. Many friends as well taking photos. Will post up here when they are in.

19. call-911

call-911 Registered

Any chance of including the roadcourse the SCCA uses?

20. maxrod

maxrod Registered

If you are talking about the infield then it is already there it has a separate location to the oval, in Dev Mode it was together.