Article: NEW!! Latest Update: Brabham Development Preview (WIP) and Physics Developme

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I'm very impressed by the work. I've left some comments in the Steam Workshop. The new tires are giving a huge grip increase and much better feel. Now I'm making setup changes to see how that affects tire temps and lap times.

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Excellent work ISI, car feels much better now, going on good way, keep it up!

4. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Oh my gosh, I am using a G27 and perhaps this is my problem, but v066 for me is just impossible to drive at all now. the car wanders all over the track with no traction at all to speak of. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? This may be an accurate version of the car and I suppose I'm not a 1975 F1 pilot.
    I don't know how in the world "jimagn" feels more grip

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I have a G25, not that much different. I can feel the tires better so can push harder, with more confidence, knowing when I'm close to sliding. Interesting that you feel less traction. :) Maybe I can post a setup and ffb parameters.

6. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

I would like to try what you have....i mostly have been using the default setup.
    I am really struggling with this beauty now.

7. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

This is a great update. It is a lot more predictable and the ffb is very good. I increased the rear camber but apart from that the stock setup is perfectly raceable.
    One thing that I noticed is that the idle sound is really low. The idle from the "starting sound" is better suited to this kind of car.

8. Christopher Elliott

Which track are you running it on?

9. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Brianza Modern SCES 1.0 It really doesn't matter to me what ever track you prefer for this car. And thanks

10. jimagn

jimagn Registered

11. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Thanks jimagn, But no change at all. What I have is just like the first time in 1999 when I first drove GPL, skating on ice. The car is not planted at all,it's a mystery to me.
    Every other car ( and I have them all Steam user), is firmly on the track, the Brabham feels like a hovercraft. It's just impossible to drive for me.
    I was thinking about uninstalling and re-installing but how? unsubscribe and re-subscribe?

12. Christopher Elliott

Sure, I wasn't implying you should only race it on a certain track :) I'm just trying to understand where you're having issues.

Would you say its more high speed or low speed turns you're struggling with?

Thanks for the feedback

13. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Hi Christopher, I'll try and put up a replay for you if I can figure how. The car just seems to float over the track. I wish I could have you feel it as well.
    something is just wrong with what I have. the last version before the update was fine. Na, can't upload a vid.
    I don't think it would help anyone to see my issue, you have to feel it to know. I'll just get my 75 fix from
    Automobilista's Retro formula. I was hoping this car would work for me. I prefer rfactor2 to all other sims.
    In the meantime I'll keep trying to figure this out. It must be me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  14. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

[Would you say its more high speed or low speed turns you're struggling with?]
    probably with the high speeds, seems to float more

15. jjcook

jjcook Registered

the car is being tested on line over the last week- so there are people to race it with - premiersimracing and scanyanucks both using it

can we get some mirrors please ? a functioning virtual mirror would be fine