Game freez's when players exit in MP B1098

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Hi this has been happening on for some time . .. we are seeing in all our events .. race is going along fine ..player crashes out ,exits server & random players get the 1-3 second pause ..enough to put you in the wall ... it has ruined a lot of our events .. This video show whats going on.

https://youtu.be/-DBnYuyKVL4
    [MYOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/-DBnYuyKVL4[/MYOUTUBE]

[video]https://youtu.be/-DBnYuyKVL4[/video]

2. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Hi.
    - Select the Fixed Upgrades on the server launcher.
    - The team which made from Create prohibits.
    I think that lag can be relieved in this.

Sorry for being bad at English.

3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yes this "bug" is really annoying. We have the same problems in our league

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Yes, this is the current workaround until a fix goes in.

5. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

Is there someway to fix a specific upgrade? Cause today we have a race on Iowa Speedway with IndyCar. I think if I fix the upgrade, people will be forced to race with the road pack, right?

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

We are also having freezes in our league. They always happen when race is about to end. It can be a small 1 second freeze up to a long 15 seconds.... and it's not the same for the different drivers on the race, some get more freezing time than others which affect race result.

Steam always creates a dump file when this happens.

7. Depco

Depco Registered

I noticed this last night while practicing on our server. However, I was getting the freeze upon someone joining the server during practice.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's a different issue, and has always been there.

9. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Hello, we are having the same problem in our league. I hope the next build fixs it, because it is very annoying.

The drivers affected by this issue have tried a lot of things (doing a clean installation, clean the registry, drivers update, changing graphic settings...), but nothing works. We will try the "fixed upgrades" and hope this workaround really works for us.

10. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Hello, can you explain what do you mean with "- The team which made from Create prohibits."

Thanks!

11. Morbo

Morbo Registered

Chris, can you explain what the "workaround" is in English please? Sounds like it's some sort of server setting related to Fixed upgrades?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would be guessing upgrades and/or skins. We've had no exit freeze issues (just the 'normal' join lag in prac) and seem to have avoided a few various issues over the years and have always run without custom skins. Upgrades aren't fixed but also aren't graphical for us, which is perhaps related?

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

We have I think this issue in our league, but not sure (with two different mods).
    When we drives around five minutes at the end of the race, there is big lags for everybody and this continue until the race ends.
    We drive with FFB upgrade different for many drivers, so could be the reason?

It's the second race we do with the same issue (not same instance running and not same mod or race duration, same behavior)
    And I think it's not possible for us to use Fixed Upgrade (and I don't understand the workaround indicated).

Need help, because today it's impossible for us to make championship races with this issue !!! (First time we have huge bug on rF2 in our online races).

14. stonec

stonec Registered

If you read the response from Christopher above, it suggests that you need to use fixed upgrades on the race server (for now) to avoid this issue.

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Understand, but it's not possible to lock the Upgrades because they are used to adjust the feeling you want on our mods(FFB mainly)...

16. McFlex

McFlex Registered

But why do you use the ffb multiplier in the upgrade options? You can do the same with in the rf2 ffb settings.

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

The question is why there is this issue in this rF2 build and not fixed at this time ...
    For information, there is many upgrades in addition to the FFB in our mods, so, "removing FFB upgrade" will not fix the issue.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We use a few non-graphical upgrade options (such as steering system, a la FISI2012) without issue. Of course that's no proof either.

If it's affecting races, surely you can spend an hour doing some back to back testing in short races to first replicate the issue, then try fixed upgrades (or all selecting the same, perhaps) and turning off skin transfers if you have that enabled, to try and fix it. If you change nothing your next race will be ruined again.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Don't expect a fix anytime soon, Luminis just acquired rF2 so there will be a delay before things get rolling. I think Marcel wrote that they will target release of the first Steam-only build before end of the year.

Also you don't need to remove any upgrades from the mod, it's enough to tick the box "fixed upgrades" on server end. That should work as interim solution unless you run upgrades that affect physics that absolutely must be used.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We still had "last lap lag" during our 30 mins timed league race. No one exited the server during the race and we have fixed upgrades ticked. This have happened in every race. We have skins transfer enabled and we use liveracers and members also use plugins. Could be some of those reasons also...