Any Pre-Configured Race Events After Install?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BoogerMac, Jul 16, 2016.

1. BoogerMac

BoogerMac Registered

Are there any pre-configured race events after installing official content? Or do I have to manually create any Race Events, regardless of content? I have both options available in the main menu, All Cars & Tracks and Race Events, but nothing populates under Race Events when I only select it.

I also asked this on the Steam forums, but the rF2 community there isn't very active. Any help is appreciated.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Race event is for online racing. I think rF2 comes with a few of it for the official ISI-servers.
    You donĀ“t have to create any to do anything. When entering other server, race event (vmod) will download automaticly, just like content (hopefully) does.

3. BoogerMac

BoogerMac Registered

Awesome...thanks for the response.

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You should be able to select RaceEvents for single player use too, what happens when you click "accept"?

Here's a Steam guide I did on RaceEvents for single player:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553134744

ir Sindaco likes this.
  5. BoogerMac

BoogerMac Registered

Nothing was showing up when I selected Race Events only; however, I realized last night I never subscribed to the Race Events item in the Steam workshop. Thins are all good now. Thanks for helping.

6. Roel Henk Gabaut

Roel Henk Gabaut Registered

I can't find where to sign up for race events in workshop.
    I just installed rfactor a few days before today but there are only a few events to do.
    @Christopher Elliott : your list on the tutorial has more. how do I get them, they are not standard installed with rfactor2.

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You get race events when you join a multiplayer server or you can create them by yourself.
    But you have to know, that in the moment, when one of the components that the event uses, gets an update, the event don't work anymore and has to be updated too.
    So it is the best way to create own ones or use the ones from servers as long as they work.

8. Roel Henk Gabaut

Roel Henk Gabaut Registered

Ok thanks for sharing. I have found a tutorial on how to create events.
    works like a charm. just need to find the right tracks for the right cars now.
    looks like a bit of work but thats ok.
    Drive Safe!