Article: Latest Update: Brabham Development Preview (WIP) and Physics Development Blo

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Matsusaka was a good trial run, got a feeling for the low speed behavior, brakes that didn't want to stop the car (or, alternatively, I'd flatspot tires), and trying to find the sweet spot for downshifting since I don't heel & toe. Ah, what's that I hear? A note of turbo in there!

On to '75 Silverstone and the car came alive for me. No longer awkward, it just sings on this circuit where you can feel the downforce working and find the limit of the tires with minimal flatspots. Yup, a wide open track is where this car shines! I only stopped turning laps when I finally messed up downshifting for the chicane and thought I ought to go try Monte Carlo '66. Okay, now the car is totally out of its element here with the default setup. Definitely don't want to run the default there.

I haven't looked closely at the replays, but tires in this period showed spectacular sidewall flex. I sure hope the final product includes that.

This car could single-handedly make me interested in '70s F1 because I'm starting to meld with it.

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

^Sadly, your ears are mistaken, no turbo :)

4. Emery

Emery Registered

No turbo power delivery, but I'm definitely hearing wastegate noises in the audio.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Cosworth DFV 2993 cc 90 Degree V-8 Naturally Aspirated

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Just tried the latest version. This is a masterpiece folks.
    It already has such a fine balance and the sensation of driving a real classic F1 car is completely there for me.
    This beast requires a very gentle foot! What a power curve, it just blasts you out of the turns!
    Tyres respond very realistically, basically it's a constant fight between tyres and throttle and keeping steady balance is not easy at all. Massive fun.

Please please do this great car justice and add a faithful engine sound.
    It will be glorious.