What can we expect for rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmaruda, Jun 29, 2016.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 shares a large part of its core engine with rF pro, which is the professional simulator with laser scanned tracks etc. ISI is indirectly involved in developing rF Pro as well besides rF2, so in that sense they focus on pure engine development for professionals as well. Although it's a bit surprising no consumer sim has bought rights to use rF2 engine yet, rF1 had dozens of other sims using its engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
  2. pmarin2

pmarin2 Registered

Yes, I know about rF pro, I was just joking a little bit, English is not my native language, maybe I didn't express things correctly.

Being a little bit more serious, IMO, rF2 is the best sim platform out there, and I really would love if someone licensed the latest engine to bring a complete licensed category for consumers, with access to teams' data and laser scanned tracks. With the current feature set and the quality of the netcode and AI, any licensed product should be awesome for sim racers.

3. BecauseRaceCar

BecauseRaceCar Registered

Hoping isi can go back to there older stock content and update it to add some of the new features such as cpm tire.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If I'm not mistaken it was said some time ago that some people wanted the rF2 engine but as it was not "ready" yet ISI declined the deals.