Invisible cars in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by xOwnage133, Jun 26, 2016.

1. xOwnage133

xOwnage133 Registered

Hello everyone,

Lately, I've had an issue with rFactor 2 Online.

I never had this issue before (and I drove a lot of league races), but since I have a new ISP, the issue has appeared I believe.

Before I describe the issue, I will quickly say that I have forwarded port 54297, and in the Multiplayer.INI set HTTP and Simulation port to 54297 as well.

The issue is the following:
    Whenever I join a server, cars are invisible, and whenever I click on them, the camera moves to the pitbox of the car without the car's visuals appearing.
    I don't get this problem when I'm first in a server, and people start connecting.
    However, with a lot of people in the server, there's no way I can join with seeing every car. It's not the case either that a few cars appear and some not.
    It's either all cars appear or not a single one does.

So far I've found one single solution, which is to rejoin the server. The more people on the server, the more times I have to reconnect. Sometimes going up to 15 times, which is obviously unacceptable. Especially when racing in a league (FSR)

I tried to disable the firewall without any success, and also tried to select different network settings in-game. Also without success.
    I have two rFactor 2 copies, on 2 different drives but both have the same issue.

One thing to add, is that in the last league race I suddenly disappeared after making a pitstop for 2 laps long, before reappearing again. During that period, I was able to see other cars, but other drivers couldn't see my car. Maybe that's connected to the issue itself.

I hope to get some help ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen Kweekel View attachment 20233

Risto Kappet likes this.
  2. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

I do have the same problem when I go on a server when I'm on an hotspot. No idea how to solve it but it seems that there is some data being blocked by your ISP at some points.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

And just to add, when you disappeared for those 2 laps at Hockenheim, in the broadcast you dropped down the standings like you were out of the race/disconnected - and when you re-appeared, you were in the position you were before again all of a sudden.

In case this info helps anybody in any way, shape or form.

4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

You can ask Hedlund_90 as he had the same problem and he seems to have solved it.

5. Peroxide

Peroxide Registered

I've seen this problem lately as well.

In our Bathurst enduro we had two invisible cars going around, including ours.

Another car couldn't see us and wiped us out 80 odd laps in.

6. xOwnage133

xOwnage133 Registered

Very happy to tell you guys I have managed to fix this issue.

I literally tried everything over the last couple of months without any result.

I was going to try one more thing, before giving up on a solution. Luckily it was the solution in the end.

As described above, the issue seemed to occur when I switched my ISP.
    The solution hasn't got anything to do with port forwarding. It was to do with an IPV6 IP-adress.

When I switched ISP, my IP went from IPV4 to IPV6, which screwed things over apparantly.
    Last Friday I called my ISP, and asked if it was possible to convert my IP from an IPV6 to an IPV4 address.
    This was possible, and ever since I haven't had the same problem.

I just joined a server with 19 people in it in one try. Something which wouldn't work before.

Hopefully this is the same fix for the people who experience the same issue. Again, I've been looking at the fix for months but without a result.
    It got quite frustrating at the end, especially when you are league racing.

I hope this thread can save people a lot of time and frustration ;)

Thanks all

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm glad you sorted it :)

My new IP is IPV4 however, so that is not the problem for me. Unfortunately :(

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Just wanted to say that I have solved it.. Well, I don't know what the problem was but a new (expensive) ASUS router did the trick. The router I was using was a completely new Netgear, from my new ISP. I have looked it up and it doesn't seem that bad really.. Maybe it was just bad luck. But anyway, it's working now :D