Ruf CTR Yellowbird

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marketcrash16, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

I'm not sure as to the legitimacy of this mod (after reading mixed reviews), but I downloaded it today and I was shocked at how good it handled. Blown away actually. The weight transfer in this car performs (in my opinion) absolutely top notch. The grip comes and goes exactly as I expect it would, counter-steering is really intuitive, and this car really makes you pay for mistakes. It handles exactly as I would expect a RWD rear-engine should. The model is not very flattering and it could use a cosmetic overhaul but it's passable. I realize for some of you this is an old mod, but I'm new to RF2 and this car drives just mind-blowingly good. I would rate it near as high as the virtually perfect Nissan GTR from ISI.

2. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

No one has any comments about this car? I was hoping to do a Sunday Night Ruf Cup and I thought more people would be interested in this fun car. Is it perfectly accurate? can't say, but to me it handles more like I think a rear engine should. The Flat 6 is hugely popular and it handles more like a front engine RWD in my opinion.

Anyway, for anyone interested, I will run a RUF Cup race (just for fun) this upcoming Sunday July 3rd at 5pm PST
    I will run the RUF at Tigermoth R2
    Car can be found here: http://radex.hu/public/alex/rf2banner/rfactor2files.php?melyik=cars-reader.php
    Hopefully a handful of guys show up and we can have a bit of fun.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it`s because of this Mod is an illegal conversion...?

4. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

How can I tell if it is? I didn't assume that just because I saw one post on the internet calling it an illegal mod that it was. Perhaps if it truly is an illegal mod, the moderators could delete this thread? Shame though, I like this more than the flat 6.

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It's not Converted from Cars or Ac because their Rufs came later than this mod.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

7. Remik

Remik Registered

+1 ... from over few years some people take models from other games including mobile as well - Real Racing 3 ;)
    Profi designers or modders with 3D skills modify car poly :) shape, lights , wings , wheels , cockpit parts etc. and mod is "scratch made" with nice renders :rolleyes: :p

btw. on ru site you can download models, textures for free from Cars, AC, Forza... mobile games etc. more than 1000 cars in total ;)

so "DLC" is very very quick :) cost nothing or 5 - 10 euro :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  8. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

The frustrating thing is that Simdreams site is still active, even 2 years after someone said they were illegal. Logically I would have thought this would be shut down asap. It's almost like I have to hire a lawyer to look into a mod (car or track) before using it.

I won't promote this further as I don't want to endorse ripped content.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

ill tell you what else is frustrating. whoever did the physics for the original rf2 cars (at least the few ive tried) did a damn good job. but theyre either long gone or gave up trying.