rF2 Graphics Settings Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gerhard Gruber, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I lock all my games at 60fps with riva tuner and RF2 is no exception. I run with a 980 Ti and with FPS locked it is completely smooth. I got some tear but I consider it acceptable. If FPS are not locked I have stutter too even with more than 100FPS (Running triples)

2. Gerhard Gruber

Gerhard Gruber Registered

Today I had the surprise after starting rF2 all users were that settings to default reset.
    rF2 has there probably hiding a ghost. :mad:

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Maybe you should follow the advice of Christopher, because I am pretty sure that 40 visible cars with max details and environment reflections to full will bring any system to it's limits. And if you're running against AI it will be even more stress for your machine.

4. ViPeR_83

ViPeR_83 Registered

Same Problem for me…

rFactor2 Settings:
    AA: OFF
    Reflections: OFF
    All Details Med or Low.
    Resolution 2560x1080

FPS is ( without any AI, Singleplayer ) depanding on the Track and Car between 15 to 50 FPS.
    It looks bad, the Image Quality is behind rFactor 1!

At the Same time i can run Assetto Corsa and iRacing nearly on Max Settings and AA between 100 and 300 FPS!

Please don't tell us the Graphics Engine is OK, as it is right now. Other Sims look mutch better and cleaner at higher FPS.
    Everytime someone has mentioned an performance issue in the Forum, it had to be his fault ( Settings ) / his hardware / his system.

Rfactor is using old interfaces ( dx9 / maybe some Extensions ) with good locking content.
    High Res Textures, High Detail Models. But because of the old Codebase it is not Optimised in my view.

The Situation is getting worst as Nvidia and ATI more and more suspend the support for the old Interface and Games that are using them. At example Nvidia has removed the the Negativ LOD Bias Clamp setting. Since this i'am no longer be able to get a clean Picture with rFactor2.

Open your Eyes ISI, there is work for you!

My System:
    Nvidia GTX580 ( Will be replaced soon )
    Intel 3930K
    64GB RAM @ 1866MHz
    SSD + Raid 10
    Full Water Cooling, All Settings on High Performance, No Power Save.
    Windows 10