Files missing/deleted/failed verification

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nodrepus, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Nodrepus

Nodrepus Registered

Hi

I have been running Rfactor2 Stockcars for about a year now. Since 1088 build I have been noticing some rather odd things happening to my core install

1. I run a verify installation often, most recently yesterday and ... 'One or more critical simulation files failed verification.
    C:/rFactor2/Installed/Vehicles/CorvettePCLights/1.0/CorvettePCLights.mft failed verification.', so I downloaded a copy on 1098 light install, reinstalled the game, reran verification and everything passed:). Joined a server and ran a 100 lap race. when the race was over i ran the verify installation again and...One or more critical simulation files failed verification.
    C:/rFactor2/Installed/Vehicles/CorvettePCLights/1.0/CorvettePCLights.mft failed verification.'
    This happens quite often, What is going on here, why does it continue to cause this file to get corrupted.

2. When I build a rfmod through the mas utility, select all the particulars and proceed to the mod activation window all is good, as soon as I hit the done button...all my rfm files disappear from the Mastertemp folder. I know this because i have had the mastertemps folder open while I was building the rfmod and have seen the files disappear as soon as I hit the button. What is going on?, where do the files go? (they dont appear in my recycle bin). It has gotten to the point where I have a folder with the rfm's in it so as I can copy and paste them into the mastertemps folder every time I build a rfmod.

3. these are things I would like to see fixed in the stockcar mod
    - Pitstalls are compacted too close together at some/most tracks, makes it too difficult to get out of your pitstall without going to reverse
    - Pitbox is very hard to see, sometimes your right upon it before you can see it, it needs to be more visible, maybe a bolder color or add some pit crew members in the stall.
    - Polesitter not allowed lane chioce at start of race
    -Default setups are not very good and needs to be redone for each specific track.
    -Bogus penalities given to drivers who remain on the track when other drivers pit under caution.

Also for a league struggling to attract new members, the way rf2 sorts the servers in the game list, makes it very hard for drivers to sort the game by mods. I have been naming my rfmods/server so as they sort alphabetically into Game Name/Race Series, it would be nice if it was done automatically.

I really like the rf2 stockcar mod the driving/immersion is awesome, great job. However we have been loosing members because the game itself it full of bugs and gremlims, too many headaches for guys that just want to plug and play. Please take the time to fix these things before we loose too many more people and end up in another game/mod or not race at all.

2. Nodrepus

Nodrepus Registered

Well it's been over a week now and no reply, does anyone review these post.

Just in case there is a fellow wondering around aimlessly, there seems to be a problem with the scoring on cars on pit road when the caution comes out in the stockcar mod. Not sure what is going on but if a car/cars is on pit road when the caution comes out, it seems that the car/cars on pit road are being scored behind all cars on the track. It then proceeds to penalise the driver when the green flag drops and deduct one lap. It happened to me last Wed night, I was the leader when I pitted (probably a 20 sec lead), the caution came out while I was in the middle of service, once service completed I rejoined the track, their were no warnings to wait for pace car or to pass it, so I rejoined behind the first car I caught up to. It was 43 John Doe, the game kept telling me to 'let 43 John Doe pass -1 lap', as advised I ignored the message, when the green flag dropped I was given a penalty and deducted a lap. It seems that even though I rejoined the race in the proper position, the game believed I was a lap down and should have stopped on the track and allowed the field to pass me before the green. I could not have been a lap down at the time, at worst maybe 3rd on the lead lap, although I thought I would come out with the lead At the moment of caution I still should have been the leader even though I was still on pit road, just due to positioning of cars on the track at the moment of caution. Not sure what going on with that. I not sure if it has something to do with the recent fix in 1098 '– Fixed AI cars in pitlane when yellow flag gets thrown getting confused about what they are doing.', but seeing as we do not drive with AI that this bug has spread to online cars as well. I would attach the trace file but I see nowhere here to add an attachment.

So please someone take at look at this, if you need more information I will provide what I can, but this is causing a lot of frustration for our drivers.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you actually seeing the "Corvette with Lights" on track? Did you at some point manually install a Safety car? That could conflict with the default Safety cars that are already pre-installed.

I would avoid putting any loose files, rFms or .DDS icon images in MASTemp folder, I keep them in another folder (on my desktop) and browse to that when creating the rfmod. Nothing is erased when you do it like this.

4. Christopher Elliott

This is a known issue that's being looked at.

5. Christopher Elliott

We have a Stockcar group of server admins and league members focused on helping to test and solve these issues. So all I can say right now is hang in there :)

6. Christopher Elliott

I don't believe this has been asked before, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there, but so far it has not come up. The main focus has been on the leader being able to choose a lane on restart, which is now possible.

7. Nodrepus

Nodrepus Registered

Thank you for your reply Christopher.

'Are you actually seeing the "Corvette with Lights" on track? Did you at some point manually install a Safety car? That could conflict with the default Safety cars that are already pre-installed'

Yes we are seeing the safety car with lights on the track, no manual installs of mods, only tracks that haven't been released as 3PA in launcher yet.
    I have just made the switch to Steam and have yet to experience any file issues, as soon as game launches I open the launcher/settings - startup log " All mods and components verified." so I am hoping the steam install with solve some of my woes.

'I would avoid putting any loose files, rFms or .DDS icon images in MASTemp folder, I keep them in another folder (on my desktop) and browse to that when creating the rfmod. Nothing is erased when you do it like this.'

I have been replacing the files into the mastertemp folder each time I have created a rfmod (I originally seen those files in there and thought they belonged there), if I am reading your response correct, they don't necessarily need to be in the mastertemp folder. I just need to access them when building the rfmod and the game/server will run fine if those files aren't in the mastertemps folder?

'I don't believe this has been asked before, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there, but so far it has not come up. The main focus has been on the leader being able to choose a lane on restart, which is now possible.'

Its always been lane choice for the pole sitter at the start in Nascar, I'm sure alot of our guys would appreciate this being added in the future.

'This is a known issue that's being looked at.'

Thankyou wasn't sure you knew it affected nonAI cars as well, for the time being I will try to warn our drivers it may happen should they attempt a pitstop under green flag conditions, hopefully a fix will be out soon.

I have been racing rfactor SCE since it fist came out, must be 4-5 years. Comparing rfactor2 Stockcar to it is like comparing apples to oranges, the immersion is way better, the way the cars react to setup changes and behave over a full fuel run is challanging. I have never had so much fun driving a stockcar online as I have had in the past several months. Rfactor2 is a great game, we expected some bumps on the way, but a lot of us weren't expecting so many (It's like driving at Apple Valley :)). I have never seen our numbers as low as they are now, but it is encouraging to see your are working on resolving these issues. I will try to encourage our guys to hang in there and wait it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016