Error after converting track.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Navigator, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I just converted the Baku track and encountered a problem.
    The track won't load and when alt-tab, I get these two messages after which the track just loads and works:

- Error getting stats for texture RFESKIDWET.TGAError loading texture RFESKIDWET for material RT_WETSKID_02.
    - Error getting stats for texture RFEWETGROOVEEUROPE_16.TGAError loading texture RFEWETGROOVEEUROPE_16 for material RT_WETGROOVE_11.

Those two files, the .tga's, are in there; in the folder where the .scn file is (they were there in the rf1 version too) and I put them in the maps folder too, even in the gmt folder; nothing helped.

I did a trace file, and found this:

371.28s specialfx.cp 1167: Could not create 2458-particle system using GMT: or TEX:RFESKIDWET.TGA or MAT: with flags 0x00000a01
    371.28s specialfx.cp 1170: CUBE Error: Error loading material RT_WETSKID_02 for particle system
    372.06s specialfx.cp 1167: Could not create 2789-particle system using GMT: or TEX:RFEWETGROOVEEUROPE_16.TGA or MAT: with flags 0x00000a01
    372.06s specialfx.cp 1170: CUBE Error: Error loading material RT_WETGROOVE_11 for particle system

But it does nothing for me; I don't get this stuff.......
    Does anyone has an idea? All suggestions are welcome, thanks!

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I would convert those into dds and redefine the involved materials. I am not sure if tga is supported by shaders but since you say that the textures are in the package is the first thing I would try

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That sounds okay, I can get it.
    Is there a way to see what materials are involved? There are a lot of gmt's.......I believe 1135.

Thanks!

4. meno.giaquinta

meno.giaquinta Registered

hello I was able to add the reflection of the wet but now I have a problem, even with the dry track I always reflects how I can fix?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

The decent thing to do in such cases, is make your own topic ;)

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

They are quoted in the error!
    RT_WETSKID_02
    RT_WETGROOVE_11

What software are you using?
    You should be able to do this at scene level and not individually.

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, but there are no RT_WEDSKID_02.GMT file or the other there......

I use 3Dsimed. I will open the scene again to see.

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Materials are not gmts.

Gmts are for 3d instances and each of them can have several materials.

To edit materials you need to open the scn with the 3d editing software you are using and look at the materials editing menu.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, I get it better now!

I looked in the materials list and found no such materials.....
    But in that case; there is no way of telling which gmt uses those materials, right?
    As I figure it now (hope I got it right) is it the gmt that needs a material and the material needs a texture.
    But in that case; the error message would be wrong; it should say that the material is not there.

Have I figured it out a bit now?
    But than......how to fix? :(

10. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If you cannot find those materials in the list is very weird! If you upload your project and pm I'll take a look at it. I am leaving to Lemans on Wednesday so if you hurry I'll be able to reply before Monday that I will be back.

If you find them, follow the following procedure to get to know which gmts are using a specific material:

- in 3dsimed click on "display materials" and make the material you want to trace the only one visible. The screen will get quite empty.

- pressing ctrl while making a rectangular selection of the whole track area will pop up a menu where you will select hide objects.
    - go back to material display and unhide all materials as it was in the beginning
    -go to display object menu and toggle visibility. This will invert hidden ans shown objects. All the visible objects should be using the traced material. However this list of objects is quite long and not he best way to check those objects
    -export the track in rF2 format and say no when asked about hidden objects. This will create a scn with all the materials using the traced material.

I hope it helps

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the nice offer. I'm at work right now and try to send it this evening; hopefully still in time.
    Meanwhile I will try your guide too of course.

Hope you have a nice time at Le Mans!