USB connect/disconnect

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Saabjock, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I am at a loss trying to figure out what's going on with my RF2 installation.
    Almost every time I try launching the sim, my mouse pointer disappears and the USB connect/disconnect sound just sits there cycling.
    It's not happening in any other game.
    I've tried switching the USB ports, updating the drivers, etc.... same result.
    I'm fresh out of options and have not run the sim in a few months because of it.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

I had similar issue. New mouse fixed it for me.

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Should we understand that it happens in any USB port and with any mouse?

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

4. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

You'd be correct in that assumption.
    I've tried three other mice (one hard-wired, two wireless)...in every USB positions on the motherboard.
    It started happening initially with the regular (locally installed) version of RF2.
    I've since switched to the Steam version but it occurs with that version as well, so that doesn't appear to contribute to the issue.
    I've been hesitant to remove either version, since I have a very slow download rate and it'd take forever to replace.
    The game will launch (either version) and I can get into the menus and change settings before it locks the entire system requiring a hard re-boot.
    It locks when I select the button to actually go on track.
    I lose everything...(no mouse, no keyboard) response...just USB connect/disconnect sound repeatedly.

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I am not sure when it started happening and if the problem occurs all the time since then.

If so, I would restore the system to when it worked fine if you have a restoring point. It certainly looks something in your side and if fresh steam install did not solve it is nothing regarding rF2.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk