Formula 2 cars have no FFB

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by djdel002, Jun 7, 2016.

1. djdel002

djdel002 Registered

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone had this issue. The Formula Two cars have no FFB for me, I feel all the bumps etc. HARD but the steering has no FFB at all. Only in the pits for a little bit then on track there is nothing other than the feeling of hard bumps. No matter what individual FFB settings I put in for the car nothing changes it.

I have a G29 which works great with all other cars.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

adjust the caster of the car?

3. djdel002

djdel002 Registered

In that particular car it doesn't let you adjust. It's set at 2.5 I believe and can't change it.

4. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

IIRC that was one of the main "complaints" of the car when released. Most of the complaints seemed to come from those with lower torque wheels. I haven't driven it for at least a year ago, but definitely seem to remember it being *really* light in the wheel on my G27 until you got the aero loaded up in quicker corners.

5. djdel002

djdel002 Registered

Ohh ok, didn't realize that ucfquattroguy, I just got my first wheel so been trying out all the cars and the Formula 2 seemed liked a fun one to race with but it was hard because I can't feel the road at all which made it hard to control. All the other cars are amazing.

Thanks for the reply!!

6. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

You can always adjust the multiplier as described in a few FFB related threads. Short version is to increase until you start getting clipping on bumps and such. You want enough effort to feels what the car is doing, but not go so high you can no longer differentiate bumps from actual increases in steering arm force.

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Apparently it's how the cars kind of felt irl because some drivers where as young as 15 and not as strong as some of the older guys, so the low caster was the compromise. I found upping the Ffb smoothing and strength got a nice feeling on a t500.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Is there a visual representation of FFB clipping? To help adjust FFB correctly?

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

10. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Up!

I'm trying to have fun with Formula Two but the FFB seems to be too much bland even increasing the in-game multiplier. In the case when cars have caster adjust, it doesn't seem correct to alter a car setup item because FFB I guess.

I know when the front tyres grip limit is reached the steering wheel tend to be less resistance and torque aligning but in this car this effect is way overdone. I have to return the steering wheel in corner apex and exits as the front tyres were made of ice.

I'd glad on any tip in this subject.

11. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Yep. The F2 cars could certainly do with an overhaul by the ISI team.
    With more up-to-date tyre models (CPM) and physics modelling the car could
    be an absolute ripper. The FFB torque settings in mod development
    really do need looking at.

12. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Yeap, so much potential in this car, it's fast but not insanely fast, very interesting to drive except the FFB in the mid-corners, it's not natural have to manually return the steering wheel back with zero torque alignment.