IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hans Tesmo, May 31, 2016.

1. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Hello @ ISI RF2 DEV'S,
    is it possible to integrate a full logitech G29 support to rFactor 2 ? The Problem with the Logitech G29 wheel is, that it does not apply the specific wheel degree for all different car classes, it always stays at the value you set in the logitech software (for example 900° degree), that means if you want to drive for example a formula one car, you need to tab out everytime of rFactor 2 to change the wheel degree manually to a lower value, other wheel's (for example my old sold logitech driving force gt or a Logitech G27) have that degree feature already included and it applys automaticly the degree for the car you want to drive. It would be nice if you as a developer could integrate a code in rFactor 2 wich allows that the logitech g29 wheel picks automaticly the right degree up for each unique cars, that means please update rFactor 2 to the Newest Wheel SDK, i spoke with a Logitech Dev about this issue he has the same opinon like me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Greetings

2. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Registered

Hello,

Has there been any news about G29 in rF2? Assetto Corsa has no problem with this wheel: road cars and formula cars have proper steering locks that change automatically every time you choose a different car, rF2 is the only title I have that does not change wheel lock angle automatically with each car.

3. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

In Assetto Corsa the wheel is working proper because the AC Dev's have integrated the newest Logitech Wheel SDK, the rFactor 2 Dev's need to update to the newest Wheel SDK too then the degree will pick up automatically for each car too, Christopher Dev told me he is aware of this issue and it might get fixed in the next build.

4. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Registered

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

5. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

No Problem