G27 steering angle keeps changing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Yoeri Gijsen, May 29, 2016.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I have this issue with rFactor 2 and my Logitech G27 that the steering angle keeps changing. That is to say that sometimes the ingame wheel turns 1:1 with the G27, but sometimes it turns more progressively.

I always have my G27 set to 900 degrees rotation with the options of allowing games to alter it enabled.
    I always drive with Vehicle Set enabled.

Why does the steering change to a "progressive" setting and how do I fix or adjust this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

My G27 always set the degrees correctly (for years), with my profiler set to 900 but I pretty much always drove with 450. Then, I think with windows 10, it didn't seem to work properly anymore. So I ended up just setting it to what I wanted in the profiler. I don't even know if I unselected the in-game option, there wasn't any point because it didn't do anything.

Someone in my league used the setting with their G27 and it worked, but sometimes, and sometimes in the middle of the race, the profiler setting (900) would take over. Happened at a Monaco race once, didn't help him avoid the walls.

Hopefully there's a fix and someone can help, but you might need to consider (at least in the short term) picking a number of degrees and setting it in the profiler to avoid it switching unexpectedly.

3. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Thanks, Lazza. Let's hope somebody finds something.

I drive too many cars to keep adjusting that in the profiler. :D

4. philman

philman Registered

I also have the same problem.

5. philman

philman Registered

Could you say more?

6. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Here is the Fix i wrote on the Logitech Forums:

I had this issue on my Logitech DFGT (since i own the wheel back in early 2015 but i sold it) too and i got it fixed, here is my simple solution:

The only workaround fix for this issue is to only use Global Settings for all games you want to play. Delete all Game Specific Profiles you set in the Profiler. When using Global Settings, this Issue doesn't appear, i already told it appears only when using Game Specific Profiles on the Logitech Profiler. This is annoyingly because everytime you want to play a game with a individually wheel degree, you need to open the Logitech Profiler and adjust the Global Settings manually again for the game you want to run / play instead of just running the game with the preset Game Specific Game Profile you set on the Logitech Profiler. Of course you can run the game with the Game Specific Profile but you will occur this problem after a while of playing. Using Global Wheel Settings this Issue don't happen, atleast not for me.

And:

Let me explain it to you: Most / All games are using global wheel settings (for example a wheel degree of 900°). If you set a game specific profile in the logitech profiler to a game (for example with a wheel degree set to 200°) , the game will randomly grab the global settings (which are the 900°) after a while of playing, because global settings stands for all above and the global settings have the highest priority. I hope you understanding what im trying to say.
    Hope this helps for you.

First, try the things above out, then you can try this point out maybe it helps too:

Also i believe you DON'T need to delete the game specific profiles you set in the logitech profiler, just disable on your game specific profile, in the Specific Game Settings Tab the points "Use Special Force Feedback Device Settings" and "Use Special Steering Wheel Settings". By disabling those two points, the wheel will use the global force feedback and the global Wheel Degree settings. So a revert back / a wheel degree change in the middle of the game should be not happening.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Does the game have control over the degrees then? (without losing it after a while?)

8. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Yes as i already explained it above

9. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Interesting explanation.

The thing is: I have never made a profile in the Logitech Profiler. I only changed the Global Device Settings and then altered the controller files ingame (binding keys, setting sensitivity, etc). I always use Vehicle Set to allow the game to correctly adjust the degrees of rotation, but as I mentioned, somehow the steering wheel in-game (and the actual amount of turning the tyres do) does not scale not scale 1:1 with my G27.

10. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Disable the Vehicle Set ingame (Since it pick up the right degree even if its disabled), if you set the steering sensivity above 100 % this could be the reason why your G27 is not 1:1 with the ingame wheel ones

11. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Ah, that may be the issue for me then. Thanks!

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I got the same problem. Removing everything in userdata/player solved this for me.

13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Just found out when you enable and disable "allowing the game to change..." (don't know how it's called I'm English) there is no difference. But rf2 should overwrite the setting during playing....maybe the problem is there. Juergen s solution doesn't work for me propper.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

14. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

You got the G27 Wheel right ? Or do you have the G29 Wheel ? If yes the G29 is not yet proper supported by rFactor 2 because the dev's need to update rFactor 2 to the newest Logitech Wheel SDK, because of this thing G29 Wheels will not change automaticlly to the right degree for each car. But back to the G27, the G27 is fully supported by rFactor 2 and at the Logitech Profiler in Global Settings you need to "allow the game to change settings" ticked on ! If that option makes no difference to you, you could try to run rFactor 2 in Administrator Mode maybe youre missing permissions, try it out.

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi. Thanks for the info. I solved the problem. I put the USB plug into another port after I cleaned the pc and disconnected all plugs. Suddenly the g27 works as it did before. Have a nice day
    Nitro

16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Just to add some info about weird things with G27.

During the last 2 months my laptop sporadically detects my G27 as if it were a Logitech Momo.

The first times it ocurred the solution that I had to adopt is to uninstall Logitech Gaming Software, reboot and reinstall it.

However, before my last race some days ago it ocurred again. What I found out is that if I changed the USB port it worked correctly!

I have to add that this problem is quite new for me and I relate it to W10 updates. It never ocurred to me before with W7 in the same laptop.

This behaviour has ocurred (at least) to one of my mates with G27 and W10.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, I suspect Win10 was a factor in mine not setting the angle correctly, I didn't bother chasing it up (or think to try another port), now I don't use the G27 so can't say. But Hans' solution above didn't help, because it was to do what I was already doing.

18. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

The solution that i mentioned above did helped me for my old sold Logitech Driving Force GT on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 because i had that same issue with the random degree change in every game. I doubt that this issue is a Windows 10 one, since i had this Issue on Windows 7 too.. Maybe you had plugged the G27 on a USB 3.0 or on a USB Hub. If so, always plug your wheel in a USB 2.0 Motherboard Port.

Are you sure that you deleted all Game (Specific) Profiles at the Logitech Profiler and was only using Global settings with 900° Degree selected and "Allow Game to adjust Settings" ticked on ?

19. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep. I never had a specific profile. Currently I'm on W7. But changing the port solved the problem. Before I reinstalled the Logitech software and rebooted the pc. Had no luck. I thought I'm able to understand PCs [emoji28]

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have USB 3 ports, nor a hub. I didn't create a profile since about 2010, and had a few clean windows installs in that time. Always set the global to 900, and ticked that box.

It doesn't matter to me now anyway, I've moved to a T500. I'm glad you worked out how to fix your issue, but it doesn't mean everyone with the same issue is guaranteed a fix using the same solution.