Environment for building tracks!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Theodosis Georgiou, May 27, 2016.

1. Theodosis Georgiou

Theodosis Georgiou Registered

Hello Guys,

My 3ds Max 2012 license is expired and I can't find a new one since Autodesk now uses newer versions.
    Is there any other platform to create tracks?
    OR is there any update on the plugins so we can create tracks/cars from newer 3ds max?

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

You can use any moddeling program you like that exports to FBX 2014/2015 or older. :)

- Blender
    - Maya
    - 3ds Max

The gmotor shaders are assigned with gJED. and gJED exports what you normally do with the gmotor plugin.(gmt's and .scn file)

http://wiki.rfactor.net/index.php?title=GJED

You can open any ISI track in dev mode with gJED. So you have plenty of examples if you extract some ISI tracks to dev mode and open them with gJED.

3. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Just by chance, if you have some projects saved in 3ds Max that you cannot get to now, Autodesk used to have an FBX converter program, so you could convert your 3ds Max projects to FBX. Autodesk has updated their site since I last visited there back in October/November, so I couldn't find the download link as hard as I tried. One may need to be signed in to see it maybe, and without trying to sign in, I'm not sure if one's account is still active after their license is expired.

Scott