Stock car racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fossala, May 26, 2016.

1. fossala

fossala Registered

Hey guys, picked up a 3 month iRacing sub to do some road racing. Thing is I ended up getting obsessed with oval racing. Now my three months is up I really want to carry on doing oval racing but don't want to remortgage my house. How is the oval racing over here online? I'm fine with joining leagues. What should I be aware of before starting out?

2. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

3. Depco

Depco Registered

The oval racing rule set is still being tweaked, but it is far deeper than what you get in iracing. Lucky dog, wave around, and more advanced setup options make rF2's version more satisfying in my opinion.

If you like running leagues there are several running stock car content right now. Check the league pages for more info there.

*Shameless plug*

Virtual Sportscar Racing (VSCR) runs on Sundays at 1600 GMT. We are always looking for good drivers to join our group. You can check us out at virtualsportscarracing.com

Also check our forums for the most up to date information on our activities.

Welcome to rF2 and stockcar racing.

4. fossala

fossala Registered

I will see what I can join. I don't get internet to my new house (just moved) until next Friday so I can only race against AI until then.

How is the racing online? Are drivers nice and clean? I'm looking at tracks and there doesn't seem to be many ovals, I guess they are trickig in since the stock car mod isn't that old.

Cheers guys for the waln welcome

5. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Try stockcarsimracing.com

They race different leagues throughout the week over there.
    I have been racing Thursday nights for awhile along with several others from here in the forums.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
    Mike

6. 73_Dave_Martin

73_Dave_Martin Registered

stockcarsimracing.com has a lot to offer, they people that race there are willing to help and race clean, give it a shot. MSRL, Men's Senior Racing League, is a great place for over 45 sim racers. http://www.msrl.us.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  7. Depco

Depco Registered

Another league that runs stockcar content is the happy hour race league. The they run on Monday nights at 7:30 pm central time. They are a really good group of guys and the racing is as clean as it can be. Their site is hhrl.webs.com